Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Walt Disney's Lady And The Tramp Platinum Edition 02.28.06

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon2
Something that Disney (under Eisner) seemed to have forgotten. Hopefully that's something that Lassetter, Catmull and crew will be able to bring back.
I hate Eisner as much as the next guy for running the company into the ground, but he did turn the company around before his eventual downfall. Disney was struggling when he was brought on board and he was [partially] responsible for Disney's "golden age" of the 90's. Revitalizing the animation business and bringing huge success to films like The Little Mermaid, Beuaty & the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King and to a lesser extent Tarzan & Lilo & Stitch.

It is disappointing that the P&S version is on the disc vs. the original but it is understandable. Wouldn't they have to completely restore both versions of the film? I'm sure it isn't a cheap process which lead to restoring the cinemascope version and creating the P&S version off of that. I'm with MEJ, it would be cool to have both, but I doubt I would ever watch the non-Cinemascope version.

I watched a portion of the film last night with my daughter, she loved it. The transfer looks amazing.
Old 03-01-06, 12:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
The transfer looks amazing.

I can't wait to watch this on my Samsung widescreen HDTV monitor...
Old 03-02-06, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if anyone has posted, but at The Disney Store if you bought it the first day it was out they were giving a limited number lenticular "prints" of the spaghetti scene. I got one! Odd they weren't doing preorders for the 4 lithograph set like on disneyshopping.com. The shipping on that was ridiculous
Old 03-04-06, 12:21 AM

This was one of my favourite Disney movies as a wee one. I loved it more than Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.

The picture quality on this release is fantastic. I couldn't believe the film was 50 years old. The extras too are wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed the excerpts from old Disney TV shows.

I thought the physical discs could've been done a little better, but I wonder if it's the same for everyone's copies... Is the picture on the discs (the physical DVDs) a little dark? It looks like it's missing a base white layer before the main art print on top. Instead the picture looks semitransparent.
Old 03-04-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the deal from DisneyShopping.com. It was well worth it. The plushes are adorable, and the lithographs were worth the price by itself. I didn't regret a thing when I opened the package from them.