Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone know where to get another dvd rack like this?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-04-05, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this shelf at Target around two years ago. It holds about 200 DVDs and was about $20. Now I'm looking for another similar shelf - if possible, the same model, since it holds a lot of DVDs and the dimensions are perfect for me. I've looked at Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Best Buy, but I can't find anything similar for a decent price. Anyone know where to get another one of these or who manufactures it? Otherwise, any similar inexpensive racks available somewhere?

Old 08-04-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't seen it around, but if you bought it at Target there's a good chance that Sauder makes it.

http://www.sauder.com/

I didn't see it as current on their website, but you could always email them that pic and see if they make/made it and where to get another one. If it's not theirs, I'd go back to Target, look around at the other brands they sell and contact them.
Old 08-04-05, 11:22 PM

FYE or Coconuts might have one -- The local FYE has similiar ones that are all one piece and hinged -- also for around $20 -- actually IIRC there are 3 sizes from 2-shelf on up to I', not sure how many shelves (maybe 5). Online might have it too; I have never checked their online sites for storage.

Good luck in finding it.
Old 08-05-05, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad you don't live in the Southern CA area. I have something like it that I am planning on throwing out or donating to Goodwill. Looks like the difference with mine is that I had painted it with that speckled paint that looks like stone.
Old 08-05-05, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have 2 by Fellowes, that I got for about $20 each. Bis, I see you checked Wal Mart, that's where I got them.
Old 08-05-05, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Whatever you decide to get, I hope it has sturdier shelves than the one in the pic. Holy cow!
Old 08-05-05, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Whatever you decide to get, I hope it has sturdier shelves than the one in the pic. Holy cow!
LMAO
Old 08-05-05, 03:25 AM

I currently use 4 of these:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2318526

They work pretty well for me.
Old 08-05-05, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Too bad you don't live in the Southern CA area. I have something like it that I am planning on throwing out or donating to Goodwill. Looks like the difference with mine is that I had painted it with that speckled paint that looks like stone.
If you're just gonna throw it out, I live in SoCal and would love to add it to my ever-growing collection of DVD Storage Units.

Andrew
Old 08-06-05, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Yeah, I kind of forgot it was bending like that. It's probably stronger than it looks, though.

Anyway, I'm guessing I won't find another one of these (and did Target use a different brand than Sauder two years ago? Maybe that's why it's not on their site), but I hope I can find something soon so I don't have so many DVDs sitting on the floor. I think I'll check out Wal-Mart again, as suggested.

Thanks
Old 08-06-05, 01:27 PM
Suspended

Isn't it annoying when they stop making your favorite shelves?? I have 2 shelves that look really nice that I bought at Best Buy and they don't carry them anymore and I can't find them anywhere .... so I had to buy a different one about a year ago. Now I am shopping for the same one again and this one they don't carry anymore either!!! It really pisses me off!!! Now it looks like I will ditch both of these and have to buy a bigger one.
Old 08-06-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, that was the first thing I had noticed, the bending of the shelves. I'd upgrade to something better man.
Old 08-06-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hate when that happens. I have 4 towers that came from Linens & Things. They're in the shape of an X, and look great together. I ran out of room, went back for more, and it turns out that they were discontinued (and it's a L&T exclusive, so I'll never find them elsewhere). As anal as I am, it pisses me off that my 5th tower doesn't match. However, I just put all of my TV-on-DVD on the odd-stand-out, so all of the movies remain on the 4 like towers. However, now I'm out of room again, and I haven't a clue what to do.

-JP
Old 08-06-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice rack.
Old 08-06-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm running out of room as well. I hope I figure something else out or I'm going to have a very messy DVD shelving area.
Old 08-06-05, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
If you're just gonna throw it out, I live in SoCal and would love to add it to my ever-growing collection of DVD Storage Units.

Andrew
so now you collect dvd storage units? I think its time for an intervention
Old 08-06-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYE and Coconuts sells those kind of racks. It's called Media Source. It'll run you about $30, has five shelves, and holds about 270 DVD's. They replaced Media Source with their previous supplier (Northland Woodworks). NW was far superior quality, so if they happen to have those lying around, get the NW's. Don't get any "stackable" shelves from NW though: they don't align properly.
Old 08-06-05, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You may be able to find something similar at http://www.racksandstands.com/