Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WILD ON!- Will it ever come to DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 12:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WILD ON!- Will it ever come to DVD?

I have been a big fan of the travel series, "Wild On!" for a good time. I loved the first three hosts(Jules Asner(hot), Brooke Burke(hotter) and Cindy Taylor(my dream wife). Is there any chance we might get these ever. If so, do you think they might release them in season sets? Or maybe "The best of Brooke Burke" or maybe "The Best of Jules Asner". I also would like to know why there is very little on Cindy Taylor on the internet. She doesn't even have her own website? To me, Cindy is the most beautiful woman in the world, and she came off as such a great host and cool person. I would love to pick up this set.

Cindy Taylor...every time I see her I go
Old 07-25-05, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ask some of the Cannucks if they have any shows tivo'd.

It's uncensored in the great white north...
Old 07-25-05, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There's an article on TV shows on DVD about this- it's coming out next year.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3730
Old 07-25-05, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also wonder if they will be season sets or "best of" compilations. Loved the Asner and Burke years. Lost interest when Taylor took over, and I've never seen Reid. Yeah, some might argue that the appeal of Wild On! rests in the exotic locations and the great-looking people who wear little to no clothing. And while those are certainly attractive reasons to tune in, without Asner/Burke and Todd Newton/Art Mann, the spirit isn't the same.

So would love to have the Asner and Burke years.

--THX
Old 07-25-05, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
without Asner/Burke and Todd Newton/Art Mann, the spirit isn't the same.
I've seen the show many times (yup, it's uncensored here, mostly) and you're right- those guys made it a lot of fun.
Old 07-25-05, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Tara Reid has been the best host so far. If they release a DVD set of her season, I think it will be a hot seller.
Old 07-25-05, 11:36 AM
Banned

Has the Tara Reid episodes already aired?
I thought it begins Aug.
Old 07-25-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I wasn't even aware that this show was edited for nudity in the US. The only reason to watch Star TV is because of this show.

BTW, I have yet to watch any of the new episodes with Reid. Is E! showing them in the States?
Old 07-25-05, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
I also wonder if they will be season sets or "best of" compilations. Loved the Asner and Burke years. Lost interest when Taylor took over, and I've never seen Reid. Yeah, some might argue that the appeal of Wild On! rests in the exotic locations and the great-looking people who wear little to no clothing. And while those are certainly attractive reasons to tune in, without Asner/Burke and Todd Newton/Art Mann, the spirit isn't the same.

So would love to have the Asner and Burke years.

--THX
Thanks for all the help guys.

You lost interest when Taylor took over? Are you kidding? Cindy came off with so much energy(not to mention she was the best looking host) and also seemed like so much fun to be around. Brooke(while beautiful) always came off as a little fake to me on that show. With Cindy you just got this vivacious young girl. I saw her in "Weddign Crashers" for like 2 seconds, and I shouted "Cindy Taylor"!!!!!! and my frined just laughed. IMO, Cindy is the most beautiful woman in the world. I really would love to know more about her, and I'm shocked she hasn't blown up like Brooke has. Why is their no official site for her?
Old 07-25-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Tara Reid has been the best host so far. If they release a DVD set of her season, I think it will be a hot seller.
tara reid hosted Wild On!? oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Old 07-25-05, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, Canada has ZERO censorship for this show. Full on nudity.
Old 07-26-05, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by pdinosaur
tara reid hosted Wild On!? oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Tara Reid will do anything for free drinks.
Old 07-26-05, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I wasn't even aware that this show was edited for nudity in the US. The only reason to watch Star TV is because of this show.
Oh, yes--anatomy is hidden by pixelated distortion, though sometimes the distortion isn't strong enough, and the detail looks more like a low resolution picture has been extremely enlarged (if that makes sense). Hopefully the DVD releases will be uncensored.

Originally Posted by Dalvin
You lost interest when Taylor took over? Are you kidding? Cindy came off with so much energy(not to mention she was the best looking host) and also seemed like so much fun to be around. Brooke(while beautiful) always came off as a little fake to me on that show.
I agree that Brooke Burke seemed a little fake, but she was still lovely to look at. Curiously, I found her Playboy layout disappointing. There were a few good shots, but there was something lacking in her attitude. It wasn't so much sexy as...uninspired.

Anyway, I think my feelings toward Wild On! stem more from nostalgia than anything else. I first began to watch when Burke was hosting, but I saw mostly reruns from the Asner years at the time, and I liked them both. So I suppose it's that whole idea of favoring whoever you experience first.

Couldn't get into Taylor, though. Just didn't care to. I liked another girl who tried out during the search for a new host in 2002, Erika Valdez. She was an exotic beauty with a fun spirit.

--THX