Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

E-Mail from ChuckNorris.com about Walker DVD Sets

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 07-21-05, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I recently e-mailed Chuck Norris' official web site and asked about the strange logic behind the release of the Walker Final Season DVD Set first, Sons of Thunder and Chuck's Non-involvement in the DVD's. Here's there statement:

Unfortunately, Mr. Norris doesn't have anything to do with how they are releasing the Walker DVD's or anything else to do with the shows now. None of us can figure out the logic behind releasing the last season first, ect., it seems ridiculous, but from what I understand, for some reason they had only planned on releasing the last season. Once they saw how well the DVD set sold, they must have changed their minds and are backtracking. They never asked Mr. Norris or any of the other principal actors in the show for interviews to be added to the footage. We hadn't heard about the Sons of Thunder rumor, but that's interesting. Especially, since CBS wouldn't give the greenlight to make it into a series. Right now Mr. Norris is busy shooting the 2 hour Walker reunion show for CBS. Hopefully, it will air sometime this fall. Thanks for your email and interest.

chucknorrisfans
Old 07-23-05, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only thing I know about this series is the clips they show on Conan O'Brien. It looks pretty funny though, so maybe I'll pick up a season set.
Old 07-23-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They're worth buying for the theme song alone!
Old 07-23-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Conan clips are hysterical! I hope all the Walker epsodes are as funny as the clips he shows.
Old 07-23-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^they are. Horrible writing and acting really do make for one awesome show. I would actually buy the season sets.
Old 07-23-05, 04:26 PM
Cool New Member

It wasn't Chuck Norris himself who responded? I can't imagine him having too many people to answer e-mails.

Maybe it was him incognito.
Old 07-23-05, 08:19 PM

Location: In The Ninth Circle of Hell Where All Dvds Are Fullscreen
The Shows aren't supposed to be funny. If you like the Clips on Conon don't buy the show on dvd it is incredibly stupid.
Old 07-23-05, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any chance of a DVD release of just Walker clips from Conan's show?
Old 07-23-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Obviously everyone who has responded to this thread isn't a fan of the show and only knows about it through Conan O'Brien. I admit, the show is silly at times and Chuck Norris is definitely not a good actor, but I've been a fan of his for almost 20 years, so I can't help but like the show.
Old 07-24-05, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

my mother appeared on this show as a waitress for a few episodes...sweet residuals....
Old 07-24-05, 02:23 AM

I was surprised that Paul Haggis (director/writer of Crash)/(writer of Million Dollar Baby), created this show. I love the clips on Conan also.
Old 07-24-05, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My mom loves this show. It t'aint all that bad, but it's never been a favorite of mine.
Old 07-24-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Which season was it that had the wrestler guy falling to his death while Ernest Borgnine was in the audience? I gotta have that episode.
Old 07-24-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The writing and directing always struck me as being very similar to Baywatch. It's like they hired all those guys to come and write and direct Walker in the off-season.
Old 07-24-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Try checking www.tv.com for that wrestler episode your talking about. I knew "Rowdy" Roddy Pipper was the guest star. I think it was either season 6 or 7 when that aired. However, only the final season has been released so far, as I mentioned in the initial posting. Supposedly from what I heard, they are planning to release season 5 and 6 next, which makes absolutely no sense.
Old 07-24-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The show is now on The Hallmark Channel if your cable provider offers it.

And yes, some of the episodes are quite implausable and unintentionally funny.
Old 07-25-05, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't seen this show that much on tv, maybe once or twice, but the Walker clips on Conan O'Brien are absolutely silly and fun to watch. If the whole show is like that, I may consider buying a season on dvd to try it out. The Conan clips are great.
Old 07-25-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by lobo23
It wasn't Chuck Norris himself who responded? I can't imagine him having too many people to answer e-mails.

Maybe it was him incognito.
Don't be dissing the Chuckster. He made a string of action movies from 1977-1991 and not a single one ever lost money. His production company "Top Kick Productions" produced a lot of those movies as well as the TV show, which was #1 rated in its time slot every year it was on. It's in syndication now, so the checks are still coming in. He has a line of Karate gear and probably has a piece of that fitness equipment he sells in that infomercial with Christie Brinkley.
Old 07-25-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't beleive this show even LASTED 9 seasons....But to each his own I suppose.