Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (08/30)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 07-20-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully this will be better than the last DTV.

Now if only they'd get around to my 2-disc Lilo & Stitch 1. ARGH. They're re-releasing Tarzan and Emperor's New Groove 2-disc sets and Lilo & Stitch 2-disc is coming out all over the world but here. What the hell?
Old 07-20-05, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah - I'm not as interested in Lilo and Stitch 2, but a 2 disc lilo and stitch 1 has been 'coming' forever!
Old 07-20-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You'd think they'd prep that in time for the sequel... unless they're hoping to squeeze as much more $$$ out of the current edition as possible, and then hit with the 2-discer after everyone has the first release.
Old 07-20-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So is this by the same creative team that did the first movie? I loved the first movie, but steered clear of Stitch the Movie since it felt more like a commercial for the TV series and more toys, but I might check this new one out if it's done with the same care and quality of the first movie.

Edit...never mind, I found out that Chris Sanders, both writer and director of the first one, is just involved in voice work on the sequel. I will probably pass on this one.

Last edited by calhoun07; 07-20-05 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-20-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ha, I first thougth that with the thread title that the second movie had a problem with a disc.
Old 08-22-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thus far the reviews for Lilo & Stitch 2 have been pretty positive. The few reviews I've read have managed to make the same points being: 1) It is better than most Disney direct-to-video sequels (one review saying it was the best) and 2) It's still not as good as the original (that's to be expected though).

As far as the 2 disc Lilo & Stitch 1, my guess is that it'll come out early next year to cross-promote the next Stitch DTV, named after myself, Leroy & Stitch. I have to admit, my curiosity for that one is a little slurred due to the name, but it is the ending movie to the TV series and I though the opening movie to the TV series was horrible.