Search this Thread

Old 06-12-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New DVD Company from AB Employee

Red Shirt Pictures

Fangoria.com
Anchor Bay vet forms new DVD-features company

Michael R. Felsher, who spent several years as part of the Anchor Bay Entertainment team, gave Fango the news that he is now heading up his own outfit. “A month ago I formed my own company, Red Shirt Pictures, to produce and consult on special features and projects for home video companies,” Felsher tells Fango. “I was a proud employee of Anchor Bay for almost five years now, and the time was just right for me to go out on my own, though I will still be working with Anchor Bay on many of their upcoming titles. They've got so many big projects in the works, it’s a great group of people over there and I’m happy that I will continue to have a productive relationship with them in the future.

“As for what I’ve got on deck right now,” he continues, “the first completed project is After Effects, a 60-minute documentary about the making of EFFECTS [pictured], which is coming from Synapse Films in October. It focuses on the making of the film and why it has been lost for so long, and takes a fond look back at the Pittsburgh filmmaking community of the 1970s. After Effects contains nearly a dozen interviews with cast and crew, including John Harrison, Tom Savini, director Dusty Nelson, producer/editor Pasquale Buba and others. George Romero also appears to talk about the Pittsburgh days as well.

The 1978 feature, a.k.a. THE MANIPULATOR, is about a crazed director whose in-production horror film turns out to be a snuff exercise. “EFFECTS is going to be a very special DVD release,” Felsher promises. “This is a really unique and exciting film that has never been seen; it has never been on home video, and features great work from many of the Pittsburgh veterans. In addition to After Effects, the DVD will have a high-definition transfer from the original negative, and feature audio commentary by Harrison, Nelson and Buba. Look for early short films and other extras to accompany the release.

“Other projects currently in the works,” he reveals, “include a re-edited and expanded interview with director Terry Lofton for Synapse’s upcoming NAIL GUN MASSACRE DVD. This will be different than the one currently featured on the limited-edition DVD that the director issued a while back. There will also be a new interview with actor Bill Moseley on the Synapse release of HOME SICK next year. More details on that release will announced soon. There are also several other projects in development, with annoucements coming shortly. Please check out the Red Shirt website [linked above] for info on our work and what services we offer.”
Looks like they have some pretty cool stuff coming up.