Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What is difference between Battlefront & Complete WWII Collection both by Madacy ?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What is difference between Battlefront & Complete WWII Collection both by Madacy ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-05, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the differences between Battlefront and Complete WWII Collection - both by Madacy ?

Complete WWII Collection (2005) just came out in the last month, if not this last week, I believe. The Battlefront has been out and recently got release with a tin case rather than the box - still containing the same fold-out (digipack ?).

The Complete WWII Collection is over $10 more than Battlefront, but at first glance they appear to be the archival pictures of the war in both fronts - Atlantic and Pacific. The Collection does have more disks though but appears to me to be kinda of a duplicate.

Could someone who has both or knows the differences, would you please enlighten me ?

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stay away from MADACY unless you don't really care about quality of image. They use Public Domain shots and movies and don't clean anything up. Better to go with BBC, History Channel and Nat'l Geo type of historic documentaries.
Old 05-31-05, 09:22 PM

Thanks - I had heard some things about Madacy and was not sure. Unfortunately, I believe I have a couple but have yet to view them - luckily I got them at a good discount. And I do have Nat Geo Ultimate WWii, some others, World at War and some other History Channels. These I prefer but thought these might be a little different -- and as you have said -- they will be different, not in a good way though. Thanks again.