Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

R1 Security Stickers are evil

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-05, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Biggest problem I've had was with my "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" special edition release. I bought it new, and it came with one of those security stickers ON THE TOP OF THE DIGIPAK. I mean, seriously...why? I peeled it off, and sure enough, it took off quite a bit of coverart from the top spine. Meh.
That's exactly what happened to me with my Doctor Zhivago digipak
Old 05-31-05, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
On that Twilight Zone case, the corners are all dog-eared to begin with.

I tore the back of my Godfather box set with that stupid crappy glue they had on the back. I'm a bit less careful about this stuff than most of you. As long as the disc is in 100% pristine good shape and it plays well, I don't really care. I have maybe 5 or 6 sets where there are some rips or problems like we're discussing but it's not the end of the world.

Not that I will not defend your right of rallying against these stupid stickers to begin with.
Old 05-31-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know where to get those little openers with razors in them that are designed for DVD/CD cases? I saw it once in CompUSA but didn't pick it up. Now I can no longer find them.
Old 05-31-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the 4-disc SE of E.T. in the gift set. But some of my friends bought the 2-disc set and their cover art got messed up real bad from the stickers. That's the worst one I've seen.
Old 05-31-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,036 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by ianholm
Does anyone know where to get those little openers with razors in them that are designed for DVD/CD cases? I saw it once in CompUSA but didn't pick it up. Now I can no longer find them.
I had one offered for purchase when cashing out at BestBuy before. YMMV.
Old 05-31-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ianholm
Check your local Dollar store. I found them in two-packs at one nearby.
Old 05-31-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
On that Twilight Zone case, the corners are all dog-eared to begin with.
A little shelf wear doesn't bother me much at all, especially for a great deal like that. Besides, It isn't nearly as bad as it looks in that picture.
Old 06-01-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 965 Likes on 672 Posts
Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Not as bad as the sticker Dreamworks put on their original release of Shrek. My case is still damaged from that.

Why would it undamage itself?

Sorry couldn't resist

On the other hand I get some kind of strange joy from removing the black bar security device from the inside of the packages. Once I was a little too obsessed and tried to remove it from the close encounters of the third kind digipack. Stupid me, stickers don't come off the cardboard without taking some of it with it.
Old 06-03-05, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by notkevinbacon
a little tip an old girlfriend of mine told me/showed me/did for me ...use a blow dryer to remove the sticker... slowly pull up and blow the area you are pealing up... becareful not to melt the plastic though... but it really works like a charm
Wow, I just tried that yesterday and it worked perfectly. I have about a dozen or so empty EB Games cases that I've been saving for no reason; now I can go through them and get all the stickers off! THANKS!