Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Imax:Dolphins-problem/question...anyone else have it?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a single disc version of the Imax-Dolphins dvd (the one with all the Sting music) and I recently upgraded to the "new" 2 disc dvd set.

The first disc is supposed to have the original program in a NEW widescreen version and the old 4:3 version. But I don't see any way to get the widescreen version to play. There is nothing that prompts you to pick a version and only the standard one plays.

The back of the box says:disc one-NEW! 16 x 9 version and old 4:3 version. I don't get it and I've never had this problem before. It's a single sided dvd too, so it's not on the other side.

Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong or if there is some problem with my disc or if they just flat out lied about the specs?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the 1 disc version (but I don't think I've ever watched it) - anyway, there's no way the other version is on the other disc, is there? Maybe the cover is wrong....?
Old 05-06-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Liquid Death
I have the 1 disc version (but I don't think I've ever watched it) - anyway, there's no way the other version is on the other disc, is there? Maybe the cover is wrong....?
No, the 2nd disc won't even play in a standard dvd player. It's a high def version that only plays on the computer. I've put it in my dvd player and it doesn't even read the disc.

I have no idea what's wrong or what else to try. I know the purpose of this re-release was for the 16x9 and they threw in the high-def disc almost as a bonus feature to encourage double-dipping. I'm not really going to watch this a lot, but the widescreen version is why I bought it. Every website has it listed as having the 16x9 version and I can't figure out where it is. I've never had this come up before.

It's driving me nuts. Everything happens on Fridays. I can't even call the manufacturer and ask them until Monday. I was hoping someone here had it or had seen or reviewed it.

thanks.