Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Blade Trinity: Rated VS Unrated

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-05, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blade Trinity: Rated VS Unrated

made the stupid mistake of buying the rated one this morning, was thinking of taking it back but wanted to know the difference between the two. what does the extra 10 minutes have in store for us. any help would be appreciated. thanks!!!
Old 04-26-05, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Spoilers Warning)
the difference between the rated(theatrical version) and the unrated(extended cut) is the addition of a couple scenes (a couple qualify as extensions to scenes existing in the theatrical version) which IMHO are actually quite good in the sense the additions were deleted footage incorporated back into the movie via seemless branching. Furthermore, one BIG difference between the theatrical and extended cuts is the alternate ending which I believe was awkwardly put back into the movie for the dvd alone---the actual scene negates the final dying words of the villain spoken to Blade moments before and leaves a lot of questions unanswered (e.g. what happened to Drake's body? Why didn't Abigail and Hannibal take Blade with them when they finally make it to where Blade and Drake lie dying?) The entire denouement of the film as it stands with the incorporation of the alternate ending just totally throws the ending out of whack especially with Hannibal's last narration about Blade. I guess Goyer(director) and company(New Line) didn't put up the money (enough of it?) to do a proper rework of the ending. It just comes off as half-hazardly done IMHO. If you listen to the commentaries, a couple of the speakers hint at the almost non-interactive participation of the main star Snipes and his attitude about the project during filming even though he is credited as one of the producers. This may explain why the 2 minor stars(Biel and Reynolds) clearly overshadow Snipes in the movie---they both took over this film IMO. Surprised me nonetheless.