Reload this Page >

TRU CALLING question...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

TRU CALLING question...

Old 04-26-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRU CALLING question...

Now that the series has ended, and the remainig episodes left unaired, any chance of us getting them on R1 DVD?. I only ask as the R2 release, coming out in June, features all the Season One episodes and the 6 season Two episodes. The R2 edition is billed as "TRU CALLING: THE COMPLETE SERIES." Anyone?
Old 04-26-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Interesting...
Old 04-26-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
There is only ONE unaired epsidoe - the finale. This is a clear indication that Fox will use it as a marketing ploy with the DVD release.
Old 04-26-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 230 Likes on 185 Posts
That's a great cover.
Old 04-26-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I would seriously be surprised if I don't see a release of the "Second Season" of Tru Calling tied into with the premier of Eliza Dushku's Next project (did i spell Dushku right?)
Old 04-27-05, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
There is only ONE unaired epsidoe - the finale. This is a clear indication that Fox will use it as a marketing ploy with the DVD release.
technically its not really a finale, its just the last episode made before fox changed its mind and decided to shut down production. its actually a christmas episode, and probably won't answer the questions that a finale probably would
Old 04-27-05, 12:59 AM

they actually have the 2nd season up for pre-order at bestbuy.com. it has a release date of august 2 and it says its an exclusive. heres the link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1433761
if that doesn't work, just go to the site and search tru calling
Old 04-27-05, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by wennma01
they actually have the 2nd season up for pre-order at bestbuy.com. it has a release date of august 2 and it says its an exclusive. heres the link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1433761
if that doesn't work, just go to the site and search tru calling
Hmm, thanks for that. I will check back for hopefully more info. I was planning on selling my R1 was and getting the R2, as I want all the episodes and was dubious about ever seeing them. Now I will wait awhile and see what happens with this.
Old 04-27-05, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 995 Likes on 720 Posts
So the second season is being released as a "Best Buy Elusive?" (That's NOT a typo, btw...)

Does that mean Fox doesn't think there isn't a lot of interest in the second season, or are they just releasing the second season this way as a formality before putting out a R1 "Complete Series" boxed set so the people who already have S1 won't get pissy about having to re-buy the first season to get the six eps they don't have?