Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Does Anybody Here Own ''4D MAN''?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-05, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Anybody Here Own ''4D MAN''?

Was wondering if you could give me an idea of PQ, Sound, etc... and if its in one of those ghastly snappers.

Cheers!
Old 04-18-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
I've got it but haven't watched it in several years. Average quality. Image release in snapcase. Fullscreen. No extras. No trailer. Mono. The Universal-International logo is no longer tacked onto the start of the film. It is not a Universal/Image DVD. If it's a movie you like it's worth having.
Old 04-18-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by rw2516
I've got it but haven't watched it in several years. Average quality. Image release in snapcase. Fullscreen. No extras. No trailer. Mono. The Universal-International logo is no longer tacked onto the start of the film. It is not a Universal/Image DVD. If it's a movie you like it's worth having.
What he said.

The thing that bugged me most when I got this disc was that since DVD is 4 or 5 years old, the one I got had apparently been lying around in a warehouse for a long time and the security tape sealing the 3 edges of the snapper case had become adhered to the cardboard cover. It was impossible to remove the tape without peeling off part of the cover art. Why they do that is beyond me.
Old 04-21-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the picture quality is pretty darn good, and the movie is freakin' excellent.
Old 04-21-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the video was good, decent looking print, but the audio was pretty tinny...mono, most likely. Off the top of my head I think there was a poster and lobby card gallery feature.
Old 04-21-05, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quatermass
...the security tape sealing the 3 edges of the snapper case had become adhered to the cardboard cover. It was impossible to remove the tape without peeling off part of the cover art.
I have this DVD, too, and the same thing happened to me. A sliver of the front cover art peeled right off. Very annoying. As for the disk's video/audio quality goes, I recall them being only just okay, but I'll have to go back and watch it sometime to refresh my memory. As for the story, it wasn't as nearly as enthralling as I expected.