Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CKY: The Box Set (What is the story on this?)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently found one for really cheap, and bought it mainly just because it had four discs. I got home with it and read that it's OOP and that it was recalled or something. Is that just a fake story to help people get more for it on Half.com and eBay or is it true? I did a search for this but none of the words in the title of it could be found here.

Were all of the CKY: The Box Set sets recalled and OOP, or just a version of it, or what? Why was it recalled if that is true?
Old 04-04-05, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think the boxset went OOP because people sued over having their faces shown. Not sure on which CKY it was actually but I guess they never bothered to fix and release the boxset again.
Old 04-04-05, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts
I was about to whine about being acronymolly-challenged, but I googled it first so now I have no questions
Old 04-04-05, 07:04 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All original CKY skate videos [Landspeed: CKY, CKY2K, CKY3, CKY Documentary and the CKY Box Set] were discontinued in Summer 2002 because Bam was getting sued by too many people (for example, the kid who flashed the camera at the pizza shop's parents sued him and won).

All of the approved skits were thrown into two DVDs and re-released as the "CKY Trilogy" compilations. You can buy these at Best Buy, but the originals are the best (especially the VHS version of CKY2K, which has "Disengage the Simulator" by CKY playing in the credits). You can get them in both formats on a bunch of sites new and used.

The only CKY skate video you can still buy is CKY4, which was put out in Nov 2002, after Bam learned his lesson from the law suits.

Last edited by biampana; 04-04-05 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-04-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a lot for the information!