DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anyone else run into this problem?

Old 03-19-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone else run into this problem?

I recently bought the Austin Powers 3-pack from Costco for $17.29 as I traded in my old ones during a Gamestop special a while back. Anyway, it was packaged in an all black box with only pictures of the covers on the front and wording on the top and sides stating that it was WS. I got home and opened it to find that Goldmember was a FS version! I don't mind as I can always trade it in but I specifically remember seeing WS on the box. Did anyone else run into this? Just a word of caution to those considering possibly purchasing this. Thanks for listening!
Old 03-19-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe this was mentioned in ones of the Bargain threads in the bargain forum ....
Old 03-19-05, 02:47 PM

yeah that was me. I returned it and asked if possibly the other packs might contain all WS versions as you said, the pictures on the outside of the packaging showed widescreen. But lady helping me didn't seem much interested. Its a great deal too. I still need this set, Best Buy has the 3 pack for $31, awhile back they had the first 2 for $15 but Goldmember is still $14 so meh... one day, I will have them... one day...