DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   What Warner Brothers Sci Fi do you want to see on dvd? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/413283-what-warner-brothers-sci-fi-do-you-want-see-dvd.html)

Mr. Cinema 07-14-05 05:11 PM

I know it's not from Warners, but I'd like to own a dvd of Tarantula, which came out a year after Them.

Cameron 07-14-05 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I know it's not from Warners, but I'd like to own a dvd of Tarantula, which came out a year after Them.

I think Universal owns that one

RogerSC 11-15-05 01:27 AM

Blade Runner SE. I would buy that inaminute. A 2-Disc special edition w/ theatrical and directors cut, and a load of special features, documentaries, featurettes, etc, in a 2disc amaray case, with one of those metallic holographic covers like the original Terminator SE.

Nebiroth 11-15-05 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema

Tarantula is due in r2 early next year...

Cameron 01-13-06 05:48 PM

well after watching Omega Man and Soylent Green Recently, it got me thinking about this again. Warner has not really shown us a two discer for a sci fi film yet. Forbidden Planet still seems to be next up. Seeing screencaps between the old dvd and the laser disc made me want a new disc even more.

and clash of the titans 2 disc...

more thoughts or reccomendations?

rw2516 01-13-06 06:08 PM

The Power(1968)

Mr. Cinema 01-13-06 07:42 PM

I wonder if there are still plans to release a 2 disc special edition of Westworld. I loooooove that movie.

I know the remake is on hold, but this would be a great sci-fi type release.

Neeb 01-13-06 07:52 PM

The 2 Disc Forbidden Planet SE that's been rumored for a few years now.

A Four Disc Blade Runner SE. A collection of the various cuts and extras.

2 Disc Freaks SE.

kms_md 01-13-06 07:56 PM

although i doubt we will ever see it, i would be all over a bladerunner SE. count me in as another vote for outland -- i love this movie and the current transfer just plain sucks. when i was a kid they played this on HBO constantly.

Cameron 01-13-06 08:18 PM

Freaks is a pretty good disc as is....commentary and a documentary that is longer than the movie

grem458 01-13-06 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by philo
I'd like DEMON SEED which they said a year ago was on their schedule but I haven't heard anything since. Also LOOKER, a film they said they had no plans for but I hope they've changed their mind. With actors like Albert Finney, James Coburn, and directed by Michael Crichton, I'm surprised this one isn't out yet.

They have Demon Seed (from Warner Home Video) at Amazon. Demon Seed Is this the same?

whoster69 01-13-06 08:54 PM

I would really love the SE of Forbidden Planet. It's probably my all time favorite Sci Fi movie. I sure hope they finally come out with it this year.

Cameron 02-07-06 02:17 AM

forbidden planet before years end in a 2 discer...the bits confirms

Steve Phillips 02-07-06 06:49 PM

Indeed DEMON SEED was released last October.

RobCA 02-07-06 07:59 PM

The Incredible Shrinking Man... not sure which studio it is though...

Rob

Mountain Biker 02-07-06 11:32 PM

Aother vote for Clash of the Titans, Westworld, Blade Runner, The Time Machine

dom56 02-07-06 11:40 PM

Incredible Shrinking Man is a Universal Picture. I wish Universal get off there sorry ass and put out these Universal Sci-fi on DVD.

Tarantula (1955)
The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)
The Deadly Mantis (1957)
This Island Earth (1957) long OOP now.
The Monolith Monsters (1957)
Monster on the Campus (1958)

As for Warner..I kind like to see a two disc of Logan's Run with Micheal York and Jenny Agutter on commentary.

Joe Molotov 02-07-06 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Neeb
2 Disc Freaks SE.

It's not very nice to call Freaks "Sci-Fi". :lol:

Nebiroth 02-08-06 04:58 AM

You might like to know that Tarantula and The Incredible Shrinking Man are being released here in the UK very shortly, though reportedly Tarantula has been pushed back to April 10.

I'd like to see The Monolith Monsters too. A very novel take on the "monster" theme, and some rather good effects with the giant crystals, as well.

Nebiroth 02-08-06 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Randy810
THEM
THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD
FORBIDDEN PLANET
BLADE RUNNER WITH EVERYTHING AND ALL VERSIONS (any news on this being released?)

I forgot about THE GREEN SLIME

I W A N T alll of them!!

Needless to say all in WIDESCREEN.

sorry for sounding so macho today, my teenagers are driving me nuts.

don't forget a lot of early films weren't made in widescreen.

Them! (1954) and The Thing From Another World (1951) almost certainly fall into that category.

Forbidden Planet though a relatively old film, was colour and widescreen and the DVD releases have been anamophic OAR.

Daniel McKenzey 02-08-06 08:30 AM

From WARNER, I'd like to see:

THE GREEN SLIME
MOON ZERO TWO
WILD WILD PLANET
WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH
SNOW DEVILS

Cameron 02-25-06 03:59 AM

2001: A Space Oddesey 2 Disc SE 09.06.06
Forbidden Planet 2 Disc SE 10.03.06

also the HTF chat stated that a warner sci fi box is in the works

DeeKay 02-26-06 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Randy810
THEM
THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD
FORBIDDEN PLANET
BLADE RUNNER WITH EVERYTHING AND ALL VERSIONS (any news on this being released?)

OMG!!!!!!!!! P L E A S E!!!!!!!!!!! Widescreen and SE!!!!!!!!!!!

gryffinmaster 02-26-06 09:05 PM

Reitorating the obvious ... Blade Runner. C'mon WB, you know the demand is there.

I liked the four disc idea with both cuts of the film and extras.

VicVegaMRBLOND 02-27-06 05:56 AM

The Omega Man (se)
Soilent Green (se)
The Twlight Zone: Movie (se)
And Blade Runner (se Dc A New Cut And Theatrical Cut And Lots Of Extra Stuff!

I Know Its Fantasy But Excalubur Needs A Remasterd Transfer And A (se) Would Rule!!!