Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Rory O’Shea Was Here" - DVD release, when?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 08:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Well this film disappeared rather quickly, here in DC it lasted but a week, and then zip, gone. Suffice to say I missed it, any word if and when the DVD will get released, with theatrical-to-video window shrinking rather rapidly nowadays, it wouldn't suprise me if this got a May release (of course I am just speculating). Anyone heard of rumoured street date for this?
Old 03-08-05, 09:25 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
Well this film disappeared rather quickly, here in DC it lasted but a week, and then zip, gone. Suffice to say I missed it, any word if and when the DVD will get released, with theatrical-to-video window shrinking rather rapidly nowadays, it wouldn't suprise me if this got a May release (of course I am just speculating). Anyone heard of rumoured street date for this?
Focus killed the film when it wasn't performing in select markets. I never got a chance to see it.
Old 03-22-05, 02:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
it's kind of tacky to be answering my own question but I found the answer and street date for this from DVDTimes.co.uk (of all places)

http://dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=56543

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Rory O'Shea Was Here for 14th June 2005 priced at $29.98 SRP. From the producers of Bridget Jones’s Diary and Billy Elliot comes Rory O’Shea Was Here - an inspiring story of independence that follows two unlikely friends determined to face the world on their own terms. Young Michael (Steven Robertson) is a patient resigned to his quiet life within an institution’s safe, predictable boundaries. Then, the rebellious Rory O’Shea (James McAvoy) bursts onto the scene. Now, with the help of the beautiful young Siobhan (Romola Garai), who signs on as the boys’ live-in aide, Rory will show Michael what it takes to truly be free.

Presented in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround and subtitles in English, French and Spanish, bonus features include deleted scenes, an alternate ending and extended party sequence.