Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Boccaccio '70 and more coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-05, 06:37 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boccaccio '70 and more coming soon

Well Boccaccio '70, consisting of 4 short films directed by famous italian directors Federico Fellini, Vittorio de Sica, Luchino Visconti and Mario Monicelli will be release on April 26th by a new label called NoShame Films (distributed by Ryko). They will also release another movie directed by Vittorio de Sica: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Both are already up for preorder at dvdempire.

According to devildead.com, NoShame Films was founded by Michele De Angelis and Joyce Shen, formerly working for Anchor Bay and Blue Underground, and will mostly release italian movies.
Old 03-07-05, 07:54 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
I've been wanting to see this.
Old 03-07-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not particularly interested in this film (I still have a VHS copy) but will be interested in seeing what line-up of future titles this company has. 70s and 80s Italian cinema is great..from Classic titles to erotica. If they release some of Laura Antonelli's films, some early Ornella Muti, Adriano Celentano, etc....I will be buying in a heartbeat.

Thank you for the news....

Pro-B
Old 03-08-05, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another "thanks" to the OP for the info. about this new company and its first releases. I did a little web searching and came up with some more details on Noshame over at Dvdreview.com:

"Welcome NOSHAME FILMS, a brand new DVD label

We just got word of a new DVD label being formed here in the US. Under the name NoShame Films this label has been formed by long-time DVD producer Joyce Shen, who has a long list of credits working on Anchor Bay and Blue Underground titles, and Italian filmmaker Michele DeAngelis. The company has been stated with the commitment to bring Italian cinema that made movie history to the U.S. home theater. The official launch of the label will be in April when NoShame films will release the two Italian masterpieces and Sophia Loren vehicles, Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow and Bocciaccio 70 on DVD.
Vittorio De Sica’s “Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow” starring Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroiann won the Oscar for best foreign film in 1964. It was Loren’s famed striptease that gave the movie its notoriety and enormous box office success. “Bocciaccio 70” is the bawdy celebrated anthology film directed by Frederico Fellini, Luchino Visonti, Mario Monicelli, and Vittorio De Sica, boasting a host of international stars, inclugin Sophia Loren, Romy Schneider, Tomas Milian and Anita Eckberg. The Monicelli segment was cut out of the original US release of the film and No Shame is proud to present its long-overdue premiere in a 2-disk DVD set. For more information, please visit the studio’s website at http://www.noshamefilms.com" (note: I checked the website; it's not up yet.)

I couldn't find the DVDs at DVDEmpire, but they are listed at DVDPlanet. No technical details were given, but I'd definitely go for Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow if it's got a 2.35 widescreen transfer and Italian soundtrack w/English subtitles. (EPI has a DVD of this title already on the market, but, according to the Amazon reviews, it's an English-dubbed Pan&Scan piece of trash.)