Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDTracker? LaserDiscTracker? CDTracker? Duh, Where'd Everybody Go?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 06:37 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone in the know as to why I haven't been able to access any of the "Tracker" sites for over a day now? I have a couple of import U2 CDs and a DVD to update but I can't and, hell, I actually pay for DVDTracker so it better not have vanished overnight forever! Any insights?
Old 02-26-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Anyone in the know as to why I haven't been able to access any of the "Tracker" sites for over a day now? I have a couple of import U2 CDs and a DVD to update but I can't and, hell, I actually pay for DVDTracker so it better not have vanished overnight forever! Any insights?
I've never seen all of them go at the same time but I have seen them disappear individually......last time was the Videogame tracker which was inaccessible for days - I finally emailed Pete and after a day or so he wrote back to apologize for not getting the site name "renewed"

Not sure what it is this time....he had been updating the weekly releases again so my confidence was building.

I've been thinking the site was on shaky ground and I prepared last fall by copying most of my collection over to DVDAF and I also do a save as or export on the DVD Tracker / Videogame Tracker pages every time I update.
Old 02-26-05, 08:20 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
If my stuff is lost forever, I'm going to be F-in' pisssssed...
Old 02-26-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like these online lists for that reason. If you have a large collection and there's no way to view it offline (like DVDProfiler), it's hard to be willing to invest the time to enter all your titles and then be at the mercy of the webmaster's interest and his willingness to update (a'la Guzzlefish).
Old 02-26-05, 08:50 PM

Well you could save the pages of something like dvdaf and then in mozilla edit the page and ad your own content.
Old 02-26-05, 09:25 PM

Well as an alternative to LaserDiscTracker you can upload your collection to http://www.lddb.com and you can output your collection in many ways which is very nice to keep copies of it or parse it into your own website.
Old 02-27-05, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DVD Tracker & Videogame Tracker are up again - didn't check any others.
Old 02-28-05, 08:37 AM
Banned

Yeah, it's all back; weird but whatever...