Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW Season 2 is NOT out yet correct?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW Season 2 is NOT out yet correct?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-05, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just read this report too. Bad news for fans of the show like myself. Still, some FYE stores may have it around May 24 since they recieve their inventory way in advance and even in my area, they usually break street date and put copies in before they are supposed to.
Old 05-04-05, 11:38 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They could just put it out now and sell millions of copies.

But nooooooooooo, they need to time it with season 3 to sell a couple more sets.

All this time spent waiting and watching reruns, who needs this release anymore!
Old 05-05-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Well, that just sucks..
Old 05-05-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder what is up with Dave. I hope he is okay. To be MIA for weeks is a cause for concern.
Old 05-05-05, 12:40 AM

Aint that a bitch...
Old 05-05-05, 10:00 AM

I wonder if Chappelle has to give back the 50 million.

Sounds like Dave's got some issues.
Old 05-05-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if it has anything to do with his recent (sort of) conversion to Islam....

This is shitty news indeed.
Old 05-05-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I wonder if it has anything to do with his recent (sort of) conversion to Islam....

This is shitty news indeed.
I'm sure that's part of the reason.
Old 05-05-05, 12:00 PM

I hear is islam name is now Dave LaChappelle.
Old 05-05-05, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 310 Likes on 232 Posts
If they keep delaying this set then piss on picking it up when it does drop. Its like waiting for a Too-Short album back in the early nineties. You hear of it coming out but it was forever before you ever see it in the stores. Now that less people care you get a new release about every year or so.
Old 05-05-05, 04:57 PM

I read in the Yahoo story that despite the 3rd season being pushed back they are still planning to release the DVD on the 24th.

mud...
Old 05-05-05, 05:25 PM
Banned

I read in the Yahoo story that despite the 3rd season being pushed back they are still planning to release the DVD on the 24th.
Where in the story? All I have read is that Season 2 has been delayed because of the delay in production of Season 3.
Old 05-05-05, 06:34 PM

Here's the address:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/16484
Old 05-05-05, 06:47 PM
Banned

According to a conversation between the [someone playing a key role on the show] and [someone else affiliated with someone on the show], Dave Chappelle has completely gone off his rocker. He is basically AWOL and in need of some serious psychological help. I don’t mean this figuratively. Kiss the season goodbye, and most likely Chappelle will be sued for breach of contract. The guy is just acting nuts right now.

oh shit

http://www.loosie.com/words/archives/2005/05/000557.php
Quote:
While the second suspension of the Chappelle Show since it started shooting its third season has been reported, my spies on the inside paint a much grimmer picture than simply an awkward schedule. According to a Fabulous Julian spy working directly on the set of the program, the fabulously gifted comedian is a freight train full of crying babies headed directly into a passenger train packed with infertile nuns. Yes, it’s that bad. Since filming began six weeks ago, our prying eyes have seen Chappelle's behavior become increasingly erratic; he regularly arrives hours late for shooting and has disappeared for days at a time without offering an explanation for his absence. Look, sugarcheeks, if Fab-Julez ain’t on the premises, look for me in a Koreantown massage parlor rocking out to the Isleys. But back to Dave, the man who made “cocaine is a hell of a drug” a 2004 catchphrase – our spies say that for the few hours Chappelle actually graces the set, he's been delusional and clearly out of his gourd.

Last Thursday, one of Fabulous Julien’s squealing piglets was at M&T Bank in Midtown waiting in line for an ATM machine (no doubt to spit her wad on Bulgari anklets) [ed. note: original annoucement of 5th and 19th has been corrected]. In front of her, a scrawny man feverishly punched at the machine’s soft buttons and repeatedly swiped his card. He appeared baffled by the machine, almost as if it was an apple martini maker fueled by Japanese midgets running on a rat wheel. But after minutes of tinkering, a flood of bills shot out. My spy reports it took a full minute for the ATM to defecate all the crispy bills. After grabbing his enormous stack of money, the man wheeled around to reveal himself as a demented-looking Dave Chappell. After the comedian staggered out of the bank, my spy shimmied up to the ATM to find Mr. Chappell's ATM card still sitting in the machine. She dashed out the door and scurried up to Mr. Chappell a block ahead, tapping him on his shoulder. She says he turned to her, looking twisted off his skull, and, in slurred speech, thanked her for the card before tottering off. Since raiding his account for a bundle of cash, Chappell has not returned to the set.

Management and workers alike had been bracing for the show's unraveling; Viacom's sexy suits made routine visits to check in on their enigmatic 50-million dollar star and the show's crew was fearful that Chappell was cracking under the pressure of having to deliver another critically-acclaimed season after signing his whopping two-year contract. His downward spiral has affected all; last Thursday, the director of the show openly bawled on the set. Last night, the show was temporarily cancelled, as rumors of Dave’s deteriorating mental condition and possible drug use have surfaced.
Old 05-05-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn. That's messed up.
Old 05-05-05, 07:46 PM
Banned

Thanks Mudhead!
Old 05-05-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
And since DVD sales are an integral part of D.C.'s $50 million payday, the release of season 2 will be held hostage until:

a) Season 3 hits the airwaves

or

b) Season 3 is cancelled, the big contract is declared null and void, and Paramount tries to recoup its losses through DVD sales exclusively.

Wow, this situation sucks from every possible angle. I'd hate to see Dave tumble down the "tortured artist" route. It always seemed like he had his shit together.
Old 05-05-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

chappelle is out....you know what that means

the brady show...the brady show...the brady show
Old 05-05-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 310 Likes on 232 Posts
Ooooh he's pissing his life away. Does anyone feel sorry for him like he's feeling for himself?
Old 05-05-05, 09:09 PM

He is going down like Rick James, Bitch!
Old 05-05-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Having a critically acclaimed show is a son of a bitch, man..
Old 05-05-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Season 2 set arrived today for review, which would seem to indicate that the street date will still be met. Then again, it was sent by 2-day delivery on the day before the S3 announcement, so one never knows. Regardless, copies of the S2 set are floating around.
Old 05-05-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it just me, or does it seem that Chappelle has been getting career advise from Axel Rose? Which will be aired/released first: The Chappelle Show, Season 3 or Guns 'n Roses: Chinese Democracy?
Old 05-05-05, 11:44 PM

Just saw this on IMDB.com

Fans Left Crying at 'Chappelle's' Suspension

In a surprise announcement, Comedy Central said Wednesday that it had halted production of its hit sketch comedy show starring Dave Chappelle. In a terse statement, the cable network said that it was "optimistic that production [of Chappelle's Show] will resume in the near future and that the third season will not premiere as scheduled on May 31. Neither the channel nor Chappelle would discuss the announcement. Not only does the show attract nearly 3 million viewers, a huge number by cable standards, but a boxed DVD set of the show's first season sold 2 million copies, making it the best-selling comedy title in DVD history. Today's (Thursday) Los Angeles Times quoted sources as saying that the show had been pushed back because the network was concerned about whether Chappelle could complete the season's 10 episodes. He reportedly complained of exhaustion recently and took time off.
Old 05-06-05, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This just posted over at TVShowsonDVD.com:

"We've received a flurry of emails letting us know that Chappelle's Show Season 2 has been pushed back. The news, first sent to us by Daniel Wasserman, came from a story that came from E! Online, and ran on Yahoo!

Here's a quote from the story:

'The first season currently ranks as the all-time top-selling TV show on DVD. (Paramount has indefinitely pushed back the release of the second season--the studio hopes to time the DVD to the start of season three.)'

That quote contains two incorrect statements. 1) The first season of the show is not the best-selling TV-DVD set; that belongs to Seinfeld. 2) Paramount/Comedy Central have not delayed the release of season 2, which is still set to be released on May 24.

We wanted to look into this ourselves before we passed along incorrect information, and we were very happy when Paramount told us the information from the article was wrong, and that the season 2 plans were still going ahead."

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3369

Last edited by RevKarl; 05-06-05 at 02:49 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.