Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anyone have Miami Vice season one yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-05, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for info....

Just been confirmed...region 2 version has been ported over the same with extras and 5.1 BUT over 8 discs.....

Though I highly doubt that'll mean picture improvement...
Old 03-09-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm having the same problem as many of you have mentioned with disc 2 start of episode 3. Very annoying. Guess I'll try and exchange it.
Old 04-26-05, 05:44 AM

For info..

As a follow up to my last post for anybody interested..

Have just received the region2 version...more expensive at £39...no fantastic visual upgrade on the US version considering as there was the "potential" as they are spread over 8 discs (mind you, all single sided so maybe not the potential!)...all menus/extras appear to be exactly the same as region 1 versions..but the key episodes with problems now seem to run fine...got a few more discs to try out this time around though ;-)

Last edited by kurtz72; 04-26-05 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-26-05, 07:17 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i have exchanged it 3 times, but i have not had the time to go through the new set, so i hope it's fine.
Old 04-26-05, 08:44 AM

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts
Watched the first two episodes over the weekend and plan on watching episode 3 (in question) tonight.
Old 04-26-05, 10:04 AM

also...

For those who worry about such things....the r2 versiion has one episode "one eyed jack" that has been cut by the bbfc by 9secs due to a cock fight... never mind all the human suffering ;-)
Old 04-27-05, 11:45 PM

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts
Sure enough...episode 3 freezes up as previously stated.
Old 04-28-05, 03:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboisvert
A Universal exec was quoted in Video Business magazine as saying that Miami Vice: Season 1 has all of the original music.

When asked if future seasons would be complete, or if they may be altered (ala Season 2 of Quantum Leap), they said that they will consider every show -- and every season -- on a case-by-case basis.

So, while it's great news about the music so far, don't consider it any sign that the next few seasons will be fine too.
Considering that Miami Vice was all 80s music with mostly one-hit wonders that are willing to stick their songs on CD compilations you buy off the TV for $18.99, it shouldn't be too difficult to secure the rights. Even if they can't get a song, how hard would it be to get a similar-sounding 80s song from a washed-up pop star to replace it with?
Old 04-28-05, 04:01 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Legolas
Considering that Miami Vice was all 80s music with mostly one-hit wonders that are willing to stick their songs on CD compilations you buy off the TV for $18.99, it shouldn't be too difficult to secure the rights. Even if they can't get a song, how hard would it be to get a similar-sounding 80s song from a washed-up pop star to replace it with?

i know but it is still not same as the original music.