Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Alien,original dvd reissued question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-05, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ridley Scott commentary track on the original DVD is one of the best I've ever heard - way better than the spliced-together group commentary on the new 2-Disc Director's Cut edition - an absolute wealth of information on all aspects of the film. I especially love his take on the backstory of the creatures and the alien spacecraft where the crew of the Nostromo first discover them. I was secretly hoping the screenwriters for AVP would follow that thread. Maybe they will in future sequels. I used to have the original Alien and Aliens DVD's, but got rid of them when I picked up the Quadrilogy. For $9 though, I might have to pick this one up again. Then I can have the original theatrical cut and the killer Scott commentary track to go along with the exhaustive Quadrilogy extras and extended cuts. There's no such thing as too much Alien.