Gilmore Girls: Season 3 - 05/03/05

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-26-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...5681&n=1&burl=
Warner has also announced the third season of Gilmore Girls which stars Lauren Graham. This six-disc package will be available to own from the 3rd May, and should retail at around $59.98. This new set will include all 22 third-year episodes, presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. Extras will include deleted scenes for three episodes, an All Grown Up featurette in which the cast and crew share stories of their childhood experiences, including personal family photos, Who Wants to Fall in Love? montage of season three's greatest "love moments" and an Our Favorite '80s feature in which cast and crew show off their favorite '80s dance moves.

Great set to go with 1st 2.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2806
More fun, more flames, more flameouts: more Gilmore. This deluxe 6-DVD set contains all 22 third-year episodes (plus bonus features) of The Gilmore Girls, the hit series known for its witty, rapid-fire dialogue and poignant, suds-free storylines.

For mother and daughter Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, it's a year of change. Much of it is expected, like Rory's graduation from Chilton and the anxiety of waiting for college acceptance letters. But much of it is not. Rory starts the year with two boyfriends (that may be two too many). Lorelai rekindles the flame with Max (maybe). Lane meets Mr. Right (at last). Sookie gets a surprise (a good one). And so does the Independence Inn (not such a good one). The girls are waiting (get watching!).

Episodes:
Disc 1 - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days, Haunted Leg, Application Anxiety, One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes
Disc 2 - Eight O'Clock at the Oasis, Take the Deviled Eggs..., They Shoot Gilmores Don't They?, Let the Games Begin
Disc 3 - A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving, That'll Do Pig, I Solemnly Swear, Lorelai Out of Water
Disc 4 - Dear Emily and Richard, Swan Song, Face-Off, The Big One
Disc 5 - A Tale of Poes and Fire, Happy Birthday Baby, Keg! Max!, Say Goodnight Gracie
Disc 6 - Here Comes the Son, Those Are Strings Pinocchio

DVD Features:
Deleted Scenes (for three episodes)
Documentary: "All Grown Up" - the cast and crew share stories of their childhood experiences, including personal family photos.
Featurette: "Who Wants to Fall in Love?" - a montage of season three's greatest "love moments"
"Our Favorite '80s" - Cast and crew show off their favorite '80s dance moves

6 DVDs, 955 minutes, 4x3 video, English Stereo, and subtitles in English, French and Spanish. $59.98 SRP.

Last edited by bigjim25; 05-08-05 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-26-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
And I haven't even bought S2 yet. Oh well, it's nice to know they're speeding up the production so viewers can play catch-up.
Old 01-26-05, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great news, and would recommend the show to anyone in any age bracket.

Last edited by billy9215; 01-26-05 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-26-05, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a great show, but the dvds are pretty disappointing, I would really like some commentaries.
Old 01-26-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great news. I like the sound of the "Our favorite 80s" segment. I can just imagine Laruen Graham busting out "the robot"
Old 01-26-05, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yay, Indeed.
Old 01-26-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love this show soo much... It is my favorite show on the air now that Buffy & Dawson have gone. I really enjoy these DVD's and this one seems to be more of the same (but I still would love to hear Lauren Grham and/or Alexis Bledel on a commentary, eventhough they would probably spend most of there time making fun of stuff)...

I never got to watch season three (because it was up against Buffy, and that was before the days of Tivo), and I cannot wait til may! Thanks for the news!
Old 01-26-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great!

I agree, the show is excellent, but I wish the DVDs had more value content. They need to include commentary tracks and blooper reels. With all those rapid fire dialogue exchanges, someone is bound to miss his or her cue or fluff a line from its complexity. And if they want to do a trivia track (i.e., the pop-ups that explains the pop culture references or little inside notes about the cast and locations), I wish it would be included within the specific episode rather than having the same episode repeated on the sixth disc. They did that on the first two season sets.
Old 04-23-05, 07:42 PM

Wasn't this season shown in HD? Why is it only 4:3?
Old 04-24-05, 12:10 AM

One reason might be that, like several television series shown both in 4:3 and HD widescreen where available, the shots were still framed with a 4:3 presentation in mind.
Old 05-06-05, 08:25 PM

What's up with the new cheaper packaging in Season 3? Clear plastic trays?
Old 05-06-05, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 806 Likes on 595 Posts
Originally Posted by thriftyrocker
What's up with the new cheaper packaging in Season 3? Clear plastic trays?
It probably has to do with all of the loose discs that arrive from the old packaging. I like the new packaging because the discs are tightly secured. I would always have a floater or two with the old packaging.
Old 05-06-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The newer packaging hasn't fared much better. The trays might hold the discs better, but the plastic doesn't seem particularly strong. One of mine has a hairline crack in it. And I'm not a fan of those plastic push-in tabs in the center of the hub; those break too easily. I think over time, the plastic spine will probably break apart.
Old 05-06-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lwhy?
It probably has to do with all of the loose discs that arrive from the old packaging. I like the new packaging because the discs are tightly secured. I would always have a floater or two with the old packaging.
I'm with you. I used to sweat buckets opening the X-Files and Buffy seasons and then my heart would sink when I'd hear the noise that was the rattling of a few loose discs. Several returns later, I'd prefer these cases to the old ones to not go through that anymore.
Old 05-07-05, 08:06 PM

The first show I discovered cold via DVD. Funny show. Great acting. Lackluster DVD's though. Outside of B5, none of Warner's TV on DVD sets have impressed me.
Old 05-07-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by D.Zero
The first show I discovered cold via DVD. Funny show. Great acting. Lackluster DVD's though. Outside of B5, none of Warner's TV on DVD sets have impressed me.
Pathetic lack of extras really. Hasn't been so bad because the quality of the first 3 seasons was amazing. Still, there's no excuse for no commentaries or bloopers and things like that for this show.
Old 05-31-05, 08:51 PM

In the upcoming Newsweek there is an interview with Alexis Bledel where they ask her about recording commentaries for Gilmore Girls. She implies she has recorded many of them - one every two weeks. She must be talking about Season 4 - I have 1-3 and none have commentaries. Does anyone know a date for Season 4 or any definitive word of a commentary for Season 4?
Old 05-31-05, 10:16 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by thriftyrocker
In the upcoming Newsweek there is an interview with Alexis Bledel where they ask her about recording commentaries for Gilmore Girls. She implies she has recorded many of them - one every two weeks. She must be talking about Season 4 - I have 1-3 and none have commentaries. Does anyone know a date for Season 4 or any definitive word of a commentary for Season 4?
They've been coming out every 6 months or so. Expect S4 in December.
Old 05-31-05, 10:49 PM

Finished up season 3 over the weekend and I'm ready for season 4. Great show.