Reload this Page >

Futurama Season 1 question

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-24-05, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
I was at my local Best Buy and saw Futurama season 1 with 2 different packages. One had a picture of Fry on it, and the other one, which there was only 1 of had a picture of Leila(the cyclops alien)....any idea of the DVD's are exactly the same, or did they do this to try and get people to buy both sets...any information would be appreciated about this. I'm gonna take a guess and say they are the same but with 2 different covers, and is one rarer to find then the other. Thanks
Old 01-24-05, 10:29 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The Futurama boxes are reversable. There's a see-through portion on the front and what you see changes depending on how you put the inner pack in.
Old 01-24-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
The Futurama boxes are reversable. There's a see-through portion on the front and what you see changes depending on how you put the inner pack in.
Yeah, and they have things stuck on one side, a la the Simpsons or Lord of the Rings (extended) discs. I would say the Leela side is behind the sheet of paper on the back of every other one you saw, Fittswell.
Old 01-24-05, 11:41 AM

There is no real "back of the box" on the futurama sets. Both sides are equally displayable. The two versions you are seeing are the "front" and "back" sides of the box. The reason for the confusion is because fox changes which side get's the flimsy info sheet attached to it, which in turn blocks the other picture.
Old 01-24-05, 12:45 PM

thanks for the info guys. I guess I'm off to best buy to go buy it, they have season one for half off, shouldbe about $16.00 or so