Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Monster Makeup Zombie Help? Looking for dvd's and something i forgot about. Need You

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Monster Makeup Zombie Help? Looking for dvd's and something i forgot about. Need You

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. When i was a kid I saw a show about monster makeup and SFX...It aired on or around Halloween. Possibly on AMC during the classic monster movies.

The only thing I can for sure remember is it showed you how to make fangs with pink bubble gum and syrup. I only saw it once and it was a long time ago...help. Not sure how many monster makeup shows have been on tv in the last 15 years...help

ALSO...looking for dvds with monster makeup Docs...looking for stuff showing the makeup process and creature effects. Movies with docs, or just dvds dealing specifically with monster makeup.
Old 01-21-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't help with the particular show you're looking for, but for any other stuff go here:

http://www.moviefxmag.com/

I think it's a terrific publication and heartily recommend it if you're into the behind-the-scenes stuff. I've got a subscription (which I'll probably have to renew soon).

However, what will probably interest you most is a 3 hour, "Master Class" special DVD they've put together.
Old 01-21-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

so this is a magazine with a dvd...4 issues a year....might have to get in on this one.
Old 01-24-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

anybody recommend the feature on the dvd anatomy...haven't seen the movie, heard it was ok.

i know dawn of the dead had a short feature

i assume some troma releases have this....help
Old 01-25-05, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't mind vhs tapes, Micheal Burnett has a great series of instructional tapes that are really good.

http://www.mbpfx.com/catalog/index.html

or you can also try Burman Industries. I've bought a lot of special effects supplies from them in the past:

http://www.burmanfoam.com/estore/Sea..._Position=PAR:

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you want to talk shop sometime.

`fv
Old 01-25-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks for this one as well...not a big fan of tapes, but if its worth a watch...
Old 01-25-05, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
thanks for this one as well...not a big fan of tapes, but if its worth a watch...
Well, it's gonna be the same information on either format. Most make-up instructional guides are on VHS. Burman Industries does have some dvd's though.

fv