Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Troy Wal-Mart Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-05, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troy Wal-Mart Exclusive

I was just at my WM here in southern IL and they had the big Troy display up and the dvds were packaged with a "WalMart Exclusive Troy T-Shirt" i didnt hear or see anything bout that so that Id give a heads up for those who care.
Guess they are jumping on the exclusive bandwagon?
Old 01-04-05, 08:46 AM

Nice. How is the shirt? Any idea what size?
Old 01-04-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought you meant it was something exclusive only at the Wal-Mart down the road from me here in Troy, Michigan.
Old 01-04-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Wal-mart only had FS versions of Troy with the T-Shirt. Too bad.
Old 01-04-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I went to my Wal-Mart just out of curiosity and they had no T-shirts.And the price was $20.96 LMFAO.I will be stopping by BB later,of course.
Old 01-04-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I went to my wal-mart and they were selling only the 'Fool'screen version with a free pack of hane's wife beaters and 6 pack of Sam's choice cola.
Old 01-04-05, 02:07 PM

man... I will wait until I get this (until Saturday of course) because I really wanted the Korean Version on this DVD! Man those cases are the bomb!
Old 01-04-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When I went for my weekly run at 2 am this morning I too noticed the shirts were only packaged with the Fullscreen version. So I only picked up Harold & Kumar.
Old 01-04-05, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Novasonic
Nice. How is the shirt? Any idea what size?
well didnt pay too much attention, i wasnt shopping for that dvd but it did catch my eye with the shirt, so im not sure whats on the shirt but there was a sticker over it that looked like some kind of line art drawing of a wagon or something? and if its like alot of tshirt offers its probably a huge XL. but its cool to see that walmart may start doing some kind of exclusive thing to compete with bb.
Old 01-04-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I thought you meant it was something exclusive only at the Wal-Mart down the road from me here in Troy, Michigan.
Now THAT would've been cool!
Old 01-04-05, 11:23 PM
Suspended

If you want the shirt, you can probably do this. Just buy the foolscreen w/ shirt, take it home and open it up. Keep the shirt but take the dvd back and say that something was wrong with it and that you want to swap it out for another. When you do, just pick up the widescreen.
I did this with Field of Dreams when Wal-Mart had a bonus disk with it. It only came with the foolscreen and so I thought just forget the bonus disk. I accidentally picked up the foolscreen and found out after I had went home and opened it. So I just kept the bonus disk and returned the foolscreen for the widescreen.
Old 01-07-05, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by bigdogkt2003
If you want the shirt, you can probably do this. Just buy the foolscreen w/ shirt, take it home and open it up. Keep the shirt but take the dvd back and say that something was wrong with it and that you want to swap it out for another. When you do, just pick up the widescreen.
I did this with Field of Dreams when Wal-Mart had a bonus disk with it. It only came with the foolscreen and so I thought just forget the bonus disk. I accidentally picked up the foolscreen and found out after I had went home and opened it. So I just kept the bonus disk and returned the foolscreen for the widescreen.
fool