Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 6

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-05, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiblet
Pressplay, i love your setup. Very classy and modern style, and color pallete.

I do see a cat though, -5 points for that.
You guys with commenting on cats and litter boxes
Old 04-03-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

here is my living room setup:

TV: Mitsubishi WS55315 55 inch HDTV
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-07TX
CD Transport: (2) Sony CDP-CX555ES 300 disc changers
CD Interface: Escient Tunebase 200
DAC: Perpetual Technologies P-3A
DVD: Denon 2910
Speakers: Paradigm Reference Studio 100s, Paradigm Reference CC, Paradigm Reference ADPs
Rack: Sanus AFAb
Cabling: various, including Kimber (speakers), Tributaries, Monster, etc.
Remote: Marantz RC5200 (with RX-77 RF kit)

Bedroom System:
Sony XBR400 32 inch HDTV
Paradigm Titans

Currently, I have ~ 600 CDs and ~100 DVDs

total for the system is ~ $15,000...

Old 04-03-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by achau9598
Nice.. did you hit the midnight openings, or get them during normal hours?
I picked them up two weeks ago at K-Mart. I guess they put them out too early and I just happened to get lucky.
Old 04-04-05, 04:42 AM
Banned

I had those figures in hand a couple of weeks ago at K-Mart, got up to the register, and they rang up "Before Street Date" I argued for about 15min, but they would have none of it, so I told em to go fuck themselves. Last friggin time I ever go back to K-Mart.

had to wait til this past Midnight Madness to finally get them and they are glorious!
Old 04-04-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by *RG3*
Is that one of the Bell'O stands that sell for $500?
Old 04-04-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh
I had those figures in hand a couple of weeks ago at K-Mart, got up to the register, and they rang up "Before Street Date" I argued for about 15min, but they would have none of it, so I told em to go fuck themselves. Last friggin time I ever go back to K-Mart.

had to wait til this past Midnight Madness to finally get them and they are glorious!
Yeah they are glorious! I wish I had started collecting these earlier. I really, really want Boba Fett and Darth Maul. I'd also take a Yoda and Han Solo, but the the other 2 would be top priority.

QuiGonJosh - did you say before that you have them all?!!? If so that's pretty awesome. I just picked up the regular size figures of Grievous's Bodygaurd and Grievous
Spoiler:
exploding action
w/ his cape on. They are slick.
Old 04-04-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by sinned
Actually, I think it runs around $320 at BB. I picked one up for my parents and they really like it.
Old 04-07-05, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by danicus007
Yeah they are glorious! I wish I had started collecting these earlier. I really, really want Boba Fett and Darth Maul. I'd also take a Yoda and Han Solo, but the the other 2 would be top priority.

QuiGonJosh - did you say before that you have them all?!!? If so that's pretty awesome. I just picked up the regular size figures of Grievous's Bodygaurd and Grievous
Spoiler:
exploding action
w/ his cape on. They are slick.

Yeah, I now have them all, took a while for me to find the Leia in Bikini one, but I finally did last year. There's like 20-something figures or something, they look great on the shelves. Can't wait til they put more out.

Has for the Fett and Maul figures, you might still find the Fett in a store, but the Maul one is 2-3 years old and chances are it's gonna be a bitch to find. Might have to just pony up and get it at a comic shop, might cost you a few dollars more, but it's pretty sweet.
Old 04-07-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You could try Ebay. I got Maul Unleashed there for under $30. The Fett figure I have seen going for as high as $115. Not on Ebay but rather online merchants.
Old 04-07-05, 12:10 PM
Banned

Damn! $115!

That's entirely way too much, if you have a comic shop nearby, I'd suspect you could snag it for $30-$40.
Old 04-07-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I now have them all, took a while for me to find the Leia in Bikini one, but I finally did last year. There's like 20-something figures or something, they look great on the shelves. Can't wait til they put more out.

Has for the Fett and Maul figures, you might still find the Fett in a store, but the Maul one is 2-3 years old and chances are it's gonna be a bitch to find. Might have to just pony up and get it at a comic shop, might cost you a few dollars more, but it's pretty sweet.
I doubt I'll have any luck finding Fett in a store. It's been a few waves since his appearance. I know Maul was one of the original figs from a couple years ago. Have you seen the new figures that are coming out? It's Darth Sidious vs. Yoda, a new Vader, and Asajj Ventress. I'm not sure when they are going to hit stores, but shop.starwars.com says the ship date is April?!?

Old 04-07-05, 01:21 PM
Banned

I doubt I'll have any luck finding Fett in a store. It's been a few waves since his appearance. I know Maul was one of the original figs from a couple years ago. Have you seen the new figures that are coming out? It's Darth Sidious vs. Yoda, a new Vader, and Asajj Ventress. I'm not sure when they are going to hit stores, but shop.starwars.com says the ship date is April?!?

OMFG! I need those!!

I still need to find the Chewbacca one, or do I have that one, shit I don't even remember anymore...hehe.
Old 04-07-05, 01:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Here is my latest setup...

All my TV Shows on DVD

All my normal Movies/Boxsets on DVD. I put all my cartoon/family titles on the bottom. Also note the Puppet Angel staring at you...

A small selection of my videogames. All my Cube/DS/PSP games are there. I also have a decent ized Dreamcast and N-Gage collection.

My 'equipment'. A decent DVD Player (I plan on getting a DVDR soon), Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Genesis (With Sega Master System adapter), and a Record player. I have many other systems in other rooms. Puppet Angel really likes his GameCube.

My 26 inch JVC Widescreen TV. Looks pretty good with DVD's playing, but right now I'm watching Dawson's Creek

Now were getting into some of my 'cool' things. The following two pictures are drawings an old employee of mine did. He watches a movie on DVD, and waits for an 'interesting moment'. Then he actual draws the picture with pencil, scans in into his computer, and does some very minimal touchups and adds a background. These are beautiful prints and he has alot more. Right now I have Edward Scissorhands and Fight Club. I plan on adding Ash from Evil Dead and Freddy for Nightmare on Elm Street.

And now for some of my Buffy/Angel figures...

Last edited by Gizmo; 04-07-05 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OMFG! I need those!!

I still need to find the Chewbacca one, or do I have that one, shit I don't even remember anymore...hehe.
Looks like April 15th is the release date on these. I'll definitely pick up the Emp. vs. Yoda. Not sure about the others. As is stands now I've got:

Jedi Luke
Vader
Slave Leia
Grievous
ROTS Anakin
ROTS Obi-Wan
Mace Windu
Old 04-07-05, 04:53 PM
Banned

Turns out I don't have the Chewbacca one, damn it. Anyone know if it's released or when it will be? I can't seem to find anything on Hasbro's site.
Old 04-07-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Turns out I don't have the Chewbacca one, damn it. Anyone know if it's released or when it will be? I can't seem to find anything on Hasbro's site.
Man I used to see Chewbacca all the time at my local Target. You should be able to find a good deal for him on eBay I would think. He's not one of the rarer or more coveted figures in the line.
Old 04-07-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GizmoDVD, if I weren't already taken... Where on earth did you get the Angel puppet? That's awesome. I also love all the buffy/angel action figures - I've only got buffy, spike (non-vamp face, with coat), willow (red pants variant) and angel (non-vamp face, with coat).
Old 04-07-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess
GizmoDVD, if I weren't already taken... Where on earth did you get the Angel puppet? That's awesome. I also love all the buffy/angel action figures - I've only got buffy, spike (non-vamp face, with coat), willow (red pants variant) and angel (non-vamp face, with coat).
Not GizmoDVD, but I can tell you that the Angel puppet was just released and is limited to I believe 5,000. I think the retail was around $50-60, but they have been going for a little more on eBay lately. You might be able to find one in a local comic-book store.
Old 04-07-05, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by sinned
It is a Bell'O but wasn't $500. I believe it was $250
Old 04-08-05, 01:23 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess
If I weren't already taken....Hehe. That Puppet Angel I got from Timeandspacetoys.com. It is limited to 5,000, and it costed me $50. Its REALLY awesome. He's actually pretty big, and his mouth opens and shuts. Its by far the coolest Buffy/Angel item I own.

I also have a bit more Buffy toys. I just moved and havn't had a chance to display everything. I'm glad someone enjoys my toys. I wasn't sure if I should've posted pictures or not, hehe.
Old 04-08-05, 04:11 AM
Banned

Man I used to see Chewbacca all the time at my local Target. You should be able to find a good deal for him on eBay I would think. He's not one of the rarer or more coveted figures in the line.
Thing is, I could have sworn I had bought Chewie. Weird. I'll have to hunt him down at the comic shops, I don't do ebay. Thanks though.
Old 04-08-05, 04:26 AM
Banned

Get that GameCube off the DVD player, you're making your DVD player weep man.

Also, I don't think you have enough Buffy memorabilia.

And I'm envious of your History of Beavis and Butthead DVD. I have the Time Life ones, but damn I wish I had that cancelled set. You're so damn lucky!
Old 04-08-05, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

GizmoDVD I love your setup and all your Buffy/Angel goodies. I didn't know they had those Angel puppets. I got to go hunt me one of those down NOW. Thanks for posting those.
Old 04-08-05, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love how this is turning into the "post pics of your toy...action figure, dvd, and Ht setups". I would play, but I am cameraless. Gizmo, tres coolness! I like how you have some of your things facing out. Is this done because they're important to you? Or because of spacing issues?
Old 04-08-05, 06:39 AM
DVDTalk Reviewer Emeritus - Founder of DVD Stalk

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Here is my latest setup...

Now were getting into some of my 'cool' things. The following two pictures are drawings an old employee of mine did. He watches a movie on DVD, and waits for an 'interesting moment'. Then he actual draws the picture with pencil, scans in into his computer, and does some very minimal touchups and adds a background. These are beautiful prints and he has alot more. Right now I have Edward Scissorhands and Fight Club. I plan on adding Ash from Evil Dead and Freddy for Nightmare on Elm Street.
Wow. Those prints are friggen awesome. Especially the Edward Scissorhands one. How would someone go about purchasing one of those things from your old employee?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.