Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

No Deluxe Edition of Anchorman at Wal-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Deluxe Edition of Anchorman at Wal-Mart

I know it varies from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart but the two around here are NOT carrying the deluxe edition; just the cut and uncut editions. Me and some friends were hanging around Wal-Mart for about an hour and a half like dorks waiting for them to put them out. When they brought out the display stand, I quickly realized that the deluxe version wasn't there. Turned out they weren't carrying. Definitely a disapointing evening, as I wouldn't have even gone out had I know. Guess that shows you can never assume something's going to be somewhere. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, in case your Wal-Mart is doing the same dumbass thing.
Old 12-28-04, 01:07 AM

Thanks for the warning, I guess I'll be saving my $10 gift card for later. I'll be getting my deluxe edition at Best Buy in the morning.
Old 12-28-04, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Its at my walmart, saw it in the back today
Old 12-28-04, 06:17 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 915 Likes on 774 Posts
Originally Posted by Al Padrino
I know it varies from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart but the two around here are NOT carrying the deluxe edition; just the cut and uncut editions. Me and some friends were hanging around Wal-Mart for about an hour and a half like dorks waiting for them to put them out. When they brought out the display stand, I quickly realized that the deluxe version wasn't there. Turned out they weren't carrying. Definitely a disapointing evening, as I wouldn't have even gone out had I know. Guess that shows you can never assume something's going to be somewhere. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, in case your Wal-Mart is doing the same dumbass thing.
serves you right for hanging out at Walmart for an hour and a half with friends at what 5-6am for simply an "Anchorman" DVD...WTF!!!
Old 12-28-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just picked up a copy today at my local Wal-Mart.

Last edited by ChefWinduAZ; 12-28-04 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
serves you right for hanging out at Walmart for an hour and a half with friends at what 5-6am for simply an "Anchorman" DVD...WTF!!!
More like 11 P.M.-Midnight, but thanks for playing. And there were quite a few people waiting for it besides us, too.
Old 12-28-04, 04:44 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 915 Likes on 774 Posts
More like 11 P.M.-Midnight, but thanks for playing. And there were quite a few people waiting for it besides us, too.
uhhh...ok, that makes it soooo much better! i feel sorry for the Walmart ee's who probably saw you all panting for......."Anchorman"?
Old 12-28-04, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't see what the big deal is. We were all out, had nothing to do, and figured to go get the DVD of a movie that we all loved and saw in theaters multiple times, as soon as we could. You bought the Star Wars Trilogy at midnight, didn't you? How's that any better than us getting Anchorman at that time?

Anyway, I got the set from Best Buy today and half of your posts on this board seem to be dedicated to talking down to others, so I've got basically nothing else to say here. Just thought I'd let people know that their Wal-Mart may not be carrying the deluxe edition. The End.
Old 12-28-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Saw it today for $26 at my local WM.

I say just report this guy to the mods. Hes just a troll
Old 12-28-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None at mine either. But I got the set at Best Buy to get the BB Bonus Disc....... Wal-Mart sucks anyway. No offense Al,none at all I just have to go there for food....

Last edited by TNAJason; 12-28-04 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Same here. I saw at least a dozen sets.
Old 12-28-04, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see what the big deal is. We were all out, had nothing to do, and figured to go get the DVD of a movie that we all loved and saw in theaters multiple times, as soon as we could. You bought the Star Wars Trilogy at midnight, didn't you? How's that any better than us getting Anchorman at that time?

Anyway, I got the set from Best Buy today and half of your posts on this board seem to be dedicated to talking down to others, so I've got basically nothing else to say here. Just thought I'd let people know that their Wal-Mart may not be carrying the deluxe edition. The End.
Don't sweat it. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-28-04, 08:32 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by scott1598

Scott, threadcrapping is against the forum rules. If you keep this up, you will be suspended.
Old 12-28-04, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Wow, I paid $21.
Old 12-28-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't no one has jumped in to say wal mart kill small business.

Wal mart seems to have the worst set up for dvds
Old 12-29-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No one's going to complain about Wal-Mart in regards to DVDs because in many aspects, they've been great for DVD. Their various bargain bin DVDs have been a welcomed delight for many DVD aficionados, myself included. There's plenty of crap within those bins and racks, but there have been some great finds, too. Subsequently, they've forced the hand of the likes of Best Buy to follow suit with similar bins and DVD sections.

And up until last night, they had always been a reliable place to go the rare times I actually wanted to get a DVD at midnight.
Old 12-29-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No one's going to complain about Wal-Mart in regards to DVDs because in many aspects, they've been great for DVD. Their various bargain bin DVDs have been a welcomed delight for many DVD aficionados, myself included. There's plenty of crap within those bins and racks, but there have been some great finds, too. Subsequently, they've forced the hand of the likes of Best Buy to follow suit with similar bins and DVD sections.
I saw three $5.99 bargain bins at my local Best Buy for the first time this weekend.