Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

How does DVD Aficionada work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 12:13 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
How does DVD Aficionada work?

I signed up but have no idea how to add any of my titles. Is there a program to download? The site is very unorganized.
Old 12-26-04, 12:46 AM
ams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under the "my DVDs" heading on the far left, there is a choice called "quick import" that is the third from the bottom.

Click on this, and it takes you to an input screen. Type the titles of all titles you wish to catalogue, click search, and all different types of the DVD will come up on the next screen. Put a check in the box of all titles that you own, and then "move to owned."

It is not too difficult once you get used to it.
Old 12-26-04, 12:47 AM
Cool New Member

You log in, search for a title that you own, wish to own, etc... then put a checkmark next to the title, and then choose owned, wishlist, etc.. and then click the "Move to" button. Seems pretty simple to me. Maybe you weren't logged in.
Old 12-26-04, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVDaf is really easy to use once you start. But one of their new things that is pretty annoying is they will not list more than 500 DVD's on one page, meaning if you have more than 500 you will have to split them into subfolders inside your owned folder. Other than that I have been using it for I think a couple years and have no complaints.
Old 12-26-04, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another as for as how easy this is to use and maintain. At first I was a little annoyed with the new "500 max" arrangement, but after thinking about it, and starting to move things around, I think it makes sense.
Old 12-26-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I signed up but have no idea how to add any of my titles. Is there a program to download? The site is very unorganized.
I couldn't disagree more. It's one of the MOST organized and easy to use collection sites there is. I'd be curious to know what site you DO think is more organized.
Old 12-26-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I couldn't disagree more. It's one of the MOST organized and easy to use collection sites there is. I'd be curious to know what site you DO think is more organized.

My thoughts exactly. I prefer the clean interface to DVDProfiler's mess of constantly changing info.
Old 12-26-04, 12:14 PM
Banned

I've tried several on-line organizers, including DVDSpot, Profiler, and Guzzlefish. DVDAficionado is by far the easiest to use and organized on-line organizer there is.

Once you get used to the interface, (which shouldn't take more than 2 minutes), you shouldn't have any problems.

The easiest way to do it is to do a search from the top of the screen. After the results come up, put a check mark next to the correct title. Then from the drop-down menu in the results table, chose which folder (Owned, On Order, Wish List, Work) you want to put the title in. Then click "Move to" and that's it.

Then for customizing your folders, you can go into the "My DVDs" drop-down folder and then select "Folder Heirarchy" and you can add subfolders to any of the above mentioned folders. For example, "owned/action" "owned/sci-fi" etc...anything you want.

Click my collection link below to see what I mean. I've got 53 subfolders under "Owned" alone.

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 12-26-04 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-26-04, 12:49 PM

Also a great place to use if you simply want to find anout a title ie what regions it's in, if any, and whether it's still in print or not.
Old 12-26-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Easiest site of its kind to deal with. That's why it was the first one I used and remains the only one I update, even though I've tried all of the other big ones out there.

The site's not unorganized at all. Just the OP who's using it is.
Old 12-26-04, 02:15 PM

its a great site, its p*ss easy to use, no complaints from me ^_^

x
Old 12-26-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Big fan here, love the subfolders function. I have submitted several updates and such. There's also a forum for feedback and arguing rejected titles.
Old 12-26-04, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Big fan here, love the subfolders function. I have submitted several updates and such. There's also a forum for feedback and arguing rejected titles.
I've practically submitted the entire Andromeda series. Plus the new Starburst Editions of Farscape.
Old 12-26-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
The site is very unorganized.
it's not at all....and they are still in the middle of upgrading and trying new things. I've donated many times and will do so again.