Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What exactly is going to be on the Anchorman 2 Disc Set?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What exactly is going to be on the Anchorman 2 Disc Set?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I'm partway through the unrated DVD and am enjoying it except that I don't like how they changed the dialogue in the meeting room scene the morning after the party. I thought what Champ and Brick said in the theatrical cut was much funnier. Hopefully, that scene is somewhere within the special features.
Old 12-28-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got the 3 pack at best buy, but no calendar... oh well, worth the 24.99 plus tax i paid for it....

"WHY ARE WE YELLING?"
Old 12-28-04, 09:25 PM

Does everyone who watched "wake up ron burgandy" certain bleeped cuss worlds? I wrote about this in the best buy extra disc thread, but I wanted to check other threads.

Also, on the extras for "wake up" the intro with will ferrel link just begins the movie as normal. Is this supposed to happen?
Old 12-28-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, the bleeping made no sense at all. I noticed it first with the word p**ssy. Not sure why that happened on an unrated set.
Old 12-28-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Journal for me either. That sucks
Old 12-28-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got the bleeps, too.

And I agree that the convo between Champ and Brick was much funnier in the theatrical cut. The one in the uncut version was simply there for shock value.

For the most part, I wasn't fond of the uncut material. The cat poop scene was just disturbing. Not so much because of the content, but because there's actually an audience who finds this hilarious.
Old 12-28-04, 11:10 PM

Well,

"Also, on the extras for "wake up" the intro with will ferrel link just begins the movie as normal. Is this supposed to happen?"

Yes, keep watching. Soon after the intro, a commentary track starts.
Old 12-28-04, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No *BLEEP* and No *BLOOP*. I'm a lucky one
Old 12-28-04, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got done watching the movie and thought it was awesome.
Spoiler:
At the end, when the 3 guys jump into the bear pen to save Ron and Veronica, what was that sound effect? I recognized it from some old TV show, but I cannot remember the name of it.
Old 12-29-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
I just got done watching the movie and thought it was awesome.
Spoiler:
At the end, when the 3 guys jump into the bear pen to save Ron and Veronica, what was that sound effect? I recognized it from some old TV show, but I cannot remember the name of it.
It's the Six-Million Dollar Man and/or Wonder Woman.
Old 12-29-04, 01:09 AM

Err, is there no theatrical version, just an unrated version and unrated two-disc?
Old 12-29-04, 01:23 AM

There is, but it is only in Pan & Scam.
Old 12-29-04, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by surfingelectrod
There is, but it is only in Pan & Scam.
Whoever decided this, it's about damned time a studio actually took a stand and for all intents and purposes, ripped off someone who wanted the P&S version -- if you want pan & scam, you can't have the unrated version -- LOVE IT!!!
Old 12-29-04, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by TNAJason
No *BLEEP* and No *BLOOP*. I'm a lucky one
Did you have no bleeping during "wake up ron burgandy" or "anchorman"? If anyone else has watched "wake up ron burgandy" and had no bleeps, please post. I believe it happened twice, once said by Maya Rudolph during one of the Alarm Clock scenes (you can tell she says P***y) and another time by Christina Applegate's character.
Old 12-29-04, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by SMB-IL
Whoever decided this, it's about damned time a studio actually took a stand and for all intents and purposes, ripped off someone who wanted the P&S version -- if you want pan & scam, you can't have the unrated version -- LOVE IT!!!
I'm really not a fan of this. There are a few movies where I would prefer to own the theatrical cut, but it's only available in pan and scan. Eurotrip is one where I think the added scenes just killed most of the humor. I haven't seen the new version of Anchorman yet, but it sounds like it has the same problem.
Old 12-29-04, 08:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, there are a few bleeps (noticed the one by Maya) in Wake Up Ron Burgundy.
Old 12-29-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SMB-IL
Incorrect.

First of all, it's likely open matte, NOT PAN AND SCAN. Secondly, unrated does not equal better. Anybody who wants the theatrical cut of this film can only purchase it in an MAR version. Some people really need to grow up on this forum.
Old 12-29-04, 09:02 AM

I looked at it in the store, it was only in Fullscreen. I'm happy with the Giftset, except for that the spines do not match up at all!
Old 12-29-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I think I'll just rent the movie.....reading mixed reviews....If I REALLY like it, I'll get the 2-pack
Old 12-29-04, 09:19 AM
Cool New Member

I'm really wondering about this Journal, do some say it has it and some don't on the cover? How can you tell if yours comes with it?
Old 12-29-04, 09:22 AM

It is where an insert would be inside of the Wake Up Ron Burgandy case.
Old 12-29-04, 09:31 AM

So I've been listening to the commentary for "Anchorman", and they bleep out tons of stuff on that. At first I thought it might be a joke since the commentary starts with Will Ferral and Adam McKay just trying to be as disgusting as possible so almost every other word is censored, but then they start not bleeping "fuck" which they bleeped before. At that point, I figured that maybe they only bleep it when its used as a verb. Now, I know these unrated dvd's are often just a marketing ploy, so does this mean that its still technically a PG-13 dvd (although they do say "fuck" a lot not as a a verb which is an automatic R anyway). Special features are unrated anyway so NOTHING should be censored. Look at the "Jersey Girl" dvd, PG-13 movie but the commentary is filthy. Is this just Dreamworks (or Universal) getting gunshy over certain words (various sexual organ terms are bleeped a lot)? Overall I'm happy with the dvd's, they're full of some great extras, but the censoring is pretty annoying.
Old 12-29-04, 11:31 AM

I tried picking up the gift set at our Best Buy (West Hollywood) yesterday but they were sold out by early afternoon. I'm hoping they get some more in before Saturday. Is the normal price for the gift set going to be $25.00 at Best Buy?
Old 12-29-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJLinus
I'm partway through the unrated DVD and am enjoying it except that I don't like how they changed the dialogue in the meeting room scene the morning after the party. I thought what Champ and Brick said in the theatrical cut was much funnier. Hopefully, that scene is somewhere within the special features.
Yep Champs line changed and Bricks line changed. I really love the originals ("I ate a Big Red Candle") but the new ones are good too. I didn't see anywhere on the disk where the orignals were though and that's a bummer.
Old 12-29-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went back and watched the Alarm Clocl scene you were talking about. It's not bleeped,you see her say "P*ssy" but no sound comes out. So they did edit that out,but not in a Bloop or Bleep,just got rid of the sound when she says it.
I'm Confused :/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.