Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Brides of Dracula DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
I still haven't gotten hold of To the Devil, a Daughter or Satanic Rites of Dracula, but I have all of the rest of the reputable ones.
I think I've seen Satanic Rites of Dracula recently. It might've been at a place I frequent for new/used DVDs. This place is great for off-the-beaten-track movies and they check the DVDs they buy to make sure they're in excellent condition. Next time I'm there I'll check for it and get back to you on what I find.
Old 12-28-04, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole issue is complicated by R2. For example, we've actually got Vampire Circus, which hasn't been released in R1 at all. But we never did get Satanic Rites of Dracula.

You need to be aware, by the way, that Satanic Rites is public domain in R1 and there are thus a number of highly inferior copies floating about. AB's was the best; the Platinum release is pretty good, but is marred by the fact that the company displays it;s logo onscreen a couple of times throughout the film! Way to go Platinum.

There are a number of Hammer releases here in R2 coming from DD Video. Also, Warner has the rights to some here such as Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (terrible film!).
Old 12-28-04, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the list, Josh-da-man!