DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ray: Limited Edition question

Old 12-21-04, 11:10 AM
Banned

Ray: Limited Edition question

Are there going to be exclusive bonus features on the Limited Edition, that won't be available on the Regular one(like with "The Terminal). Also, can anyone tell me why they just didn't decide to just do a 3-Disc Limited Edition, which would have included the film's soundtrack? Considering its a top seller this year, it would have been nice had they offered that as well. I would have thought it very appropriate with this release. a one disc standard edition, and a 3 Disc Limited Edition with the Soundtrack. Was it rights issues?
Old 12-21-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quick answer yes on your first question. Read this....
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...%3D12%26y%3D11
I am getting the LE on this one. I did for Terminal.

Last edited by Big Worms; 12-21-04 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-21-04, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Definitely going with the Limited Edition on this one!
Old 12-21-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

LE for me as well
Old 12-21-04, 12:47 PM
Banned

I like the Limited Edition Giftset better as well.This is one film where Extras definetly matter to me, so the more the merrier. The only little things(and these are very nitpicky) are that they don't include the "Ray-The Original Motion Picture Sountrack" with the "Limited Edition" one, but I guess that's a minor issue I have. Also, I would have prefered they dump the French 5.1 DD track on the Limited Edition and add a DTS track, as I want to hear Ray's music in the best audio format possible, but again, those are two very minor issues. I will defintely be picking this one up. It has a lot of rewatchability

Last edited by Dalvin; 12-21-04 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-21-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quick quesiton. According to the Universal website on the special features, nowhere do they mention that Ray is presented in the original theatrical cut AND the extended edition (as mentioned in the DVD Answers page). Does anyone know for sure if it includes an extended cut of the film, or just the deleted scenes?
Old 12-22-04, 10:10 AM
Banned

From my understanding, its "semless branching", so its an extended cut of the film, I believe.