Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Testament - Ok, so the DVD was released, it's only $9.99...go buy it!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-20-04, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know if most of you think this deserves a thread or not, but I sure do. The DVD of this fantastic film, Testament, was released a week or two ago. I did a quick search, and I didn't see the title in any thread topic, so I figured I'd start this to start a conversation about it. I didn't even know it was scheduled to be released, much less know that it was already released, so I was very happy to see this at Best Buy today. I didn't even question anything...I saw it, and went straight to the check out line to buy it.

I first watched this film back when it first was on VHS, or was first aired on TV. Whichever it was, I was pretty young when I first saw it, since I was born in '80. Even when I was that young, I knew there was something about the film that was so moving, so emotional. Few films have ever impacted me as this one did. This one really left a mark on my memory, it is just so intense. It is also one of the first films, if not the very first, that actually made me cry.

Or to put it as simply as possible, it freaked/scared/moved the absolute crap outta me.

So who picked this gem up? Not only is it an outstanding heartbreaking film, but the DVD is pretty solid as well (even with just the original Mono track), with a 30 minute "making of" as well as another short featurette. Also included is a timeline of the nuclear age. If you haven't picked it up yet, then get to it. If you've never seen the film, then you are in store for a very nice surprise.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 12-20-04 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-20-04, 07:32 PM

i thought it was DVD from the band
Old 12-20-04, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GregS
i thought it was DVD from the band
Me too. \m/
Old 12-20-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Great, great film. We discussed it in an "End of the World Movies" thread in Movie Talk:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=testament
Old 12-21-04, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed. A semi-unknown gem. I scooped it up as soon as it came out. Good stuff.
Old 12-21-04, 12:54 AM

Great rental, but I doubt anyone will want to cry their hearts out time and time again.