Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

I, Robot Special Edition Coming?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-04, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by steebo777
Oh yeah, and there is audio on the DVDs as well, not just video. People are more interested in the best video nowadays anyway.
You act as if people who buy other regions aren't aware of there being audio as well. Other regions seem to get DTS more often than we do...one of the biggest reasons why I went region free to begin with. There is no downside to it.
Old 11-25-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
You act as if people who buy other regions aren't aware of there being audio as well. Other regions seem to get DTS more often than we do...one of the biggest reasons why I went region free to begin with. There is no downside to it.
I'm not acting like that at all. And I never said there's a downside to going region-free at all. I was simply defending the fact that not all R1 releases are bad. As I said, "people are more interested in the best video nowadays anyway", and I stick to that comment. In the post I quoted from splattii, he mentions the R1 release is awful, but only mentions the video.

...and it's debatable (as you know) whether DTS qualifies a release as good audio. It's all about how the a/v is mastered.
Old 11-25-04, 11:54 PM

So where do you guys buy other region dvds from??
Old 11-27-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by fumanstan
In all fairness, Daredevil isn't really being re-released as a super edition wanting you to upgrade.
True. It's being re-released as a 'directors cut' in hopes I will upgrade.
Old 11-27-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wait 3 months get the R1 version from CH as an enrollment. Then right after the R1 SE is announced sell the regular version and make a little profit. You get the movie shortly after its out and then you can get the SE later on, a win-win situation