DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Super Fuzz - December 7th!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-04, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Fuzz - December 7th!!!

Courtesy of davisdvd.com:

"Due on December 7th from Jef Films is the early 80's oddity Super Fuzz. The Italian film, starring Terence Hill and Ernest Borgnine, features a cop who develops super powers - but can lose them when he sees the color red. Believe it or not, I actually remember seeing this in theaters more than once as a kid. The disc will arrive with a fullscreen transfer, Dolby Digital stereo surround and a few trailers. Retail will be a rather high $24.99."

So if you're one of the 3 members on this board who remember this movie and will buy this, then sing along with me:

SUPA,SUPA!!!
Old 11-18-04, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Italian film? Fullscreen?

WTF?
Old 11-18-04, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember it well, but won't buy it.
Old 11-18-04, 06:03 PM

Isn't JEF Films a bootleg operation? Based on all the VHS titles available from them on Amazon, it sure looks that way. I'd love to be proven wrong, but this operation looks a lot shadier than some of the more notorious grey-market DVD companies out there. Just type in JEF FILMS on Amazon's VHS search engine and see what comes up. MY LORD!!!! There is no way they have licensed the rights to many of those films. Anyone have any info on who JEF FILMS actually is? A website? Anything????

I'm guessing their 'questionable' SUPERFUZZ transfer will be a direct port off the old Embassy video release from the 80's.
Old 11-18-04, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jef films is a bootleg operation. I spoke with MGM regarding SAVAGE STREETS, they own this title, they are mastering a DVD of it as we speak, and they didnt not license this title out to Jef films, ditto for HUNDRA,which is owned by Matt Cimber that Subversive Cinema is putting it out on DVD next year.

Same for PARADISE, that MGM controls, so this is another bootleg/brentowood like operation. But unlike brentwood, Jef films titles do not seem to appear at B & M stores, or on line stores, but instead only at amazon, and amazon seem to refuse to remove their titles, which makes me wonder if amazon has something to do with jef films.

Last edited by salamander2; 11-18-04 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-18-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think a lot more than 3 people here know this movie & I remember it well, but for a high price, full screen & no extras I'll have to pass.
Old 11-18-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by tacomantt
Italian film?
Did you think Sergio Corbucci was from Kansas?

DJ
Old 11-18-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh wow - this is freakin awesome! Thank you for the info!
Old 11-18-04, 10:30 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I'm bummed about the specs, but just glad to finally have it releaseed.

Also, I am one of the 3 DVDTalkers who is looking forward to this movie finally making its DVD debut. I actually made a post about it here.
Old 11-19-04, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DarthMarino
So if you're one of the 3 members on this board who remember this movie and will buy this, then sing along with me:
I remember it as well, but it won't be anything more than a Netflix rental for me.
Old 11-19-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 898 Likes on 722 Posts
What is the OAR of this film? Hopefully it is 1.85 and this will just be an open-matte presentation. I've been waiting for years on this title and certainly am glad that it is going to be released. But, if it was shot in 2.35 scope and released in butchered P&S, no sale.
Old 11-20-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by zyzzle
What is the OAR of this film? Hopefully it is 1.85 and this will just be an open-matte presentation. I've been waiting for years on this title and certainly am glad that it is going to be released. But, if it was shot in 2.35 scope and released in butchered P&S, no sale.
since it is a unauthorized DVD release, shouldnt that be good enough reason for a no sale?
Old 11-20-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 898 Likes on 722 Posts
Good point. Yes, I suppose I don't want to support a bootleg release by a third-rate company, OAR or non-OAR.
Old 11-20-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember loving this movie on cable when I was a wee one (shades of things to come?) but would never pay more than a $5.50 Wal-Mart bin price (and only if in OAR)
Old 11-22-04, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Supa, supaaa!

I have strong memories of catching this on TV as a kid, at a friend's house, but I still won't blow any dough on this schlock. It's fine for the underdeveloped mind of a child, not the film connoisseur I've grown up to be.
Old 11-24-04, 12:12 AM

I remember watching this as a kid in the early 80s on HBO was really great for its time.