Reload this Page >

Office Special - Is that everything?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-15-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is kind of vague, but I remember some kind of Office Christmas special last year, and then something that aired on BBCAmerica a couple of weeks ago. So does the Office Special DVD that's being released on 11/16 include both of those? Sorry for the vagueness, but I don't know what was on those shows since I only have network TV. I own the first two seasons of the show, so I'm hoping that picking up the special will complete everything.

Last edited by redcat; 11-15-04 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-15-04, 05:31 PM

from what i have heard, the "Christmas Special" and the Specials about to be released on dvd tomorrow (tues 11/16) are one in the same. they just decided to title them a bit differently. i'm sure someone can provide more insight as to why they made the change but you can be sure that what you buy tomorrow is the conclusion to the series (as of now) and from what i hear the specials tie the series up very nicely.
Old 11-15-04, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
The series had two seasons of 6 episodes each, followed by a 2-part (an hour each part) Christmas Special.

BBC America decided to air the Christmas Special well before Christmas, so they retitled it just "The Office Special". They also combined both parts into one 2-hour airing.

It's all the same content, though. This is the end of the run, and you're not missing anything.
Old 11-15-04, 07:50 PM

i saw this release in our warehouse the other day and for the record: the Special dvd comes in a keepcase inside a slipcase just like s2. the sets will look nice together on a shelf.
Old 11-15-04, 10:40 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Yes, the complete Office Saga is now released.

Gervais said on Charlie Rose a couple weeks ago that he felt he was done with David Brent and is working on some new shows.

I'm glad he went out on top. The Special was every bit as good as the previous seasons, and ended things much more nicely than season 2 did.
Old 11-15-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, was that special hilarious...I'm easily buying this tomorrow

MATT