DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Fresh Prince Season 1....FEB 8th 2005!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fresh Prince Season 1....FEB 8th 2005!

From daviddvd.com

Just announced from Warner Home Video are a number of new TV shows. Due on February 8th 2005 are The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: The Complete First Season, Full House: The Complete First Season, The Jamie Foxx Show: The Complete First Season, Murphy Brown: The Complete First Season, Night Court: The Complete First Season and The Wayans Brothers: The Complete First Season. Each two-disc set arrives with fullscreen transfer and Dolby Digital Stereo tracks (1.0 mono for Full House and Night Court). Extras, if any, haven't been revealed. Retail is $29.98 each. Cover art is now up.

Fresh Prince!!!!!!

Here is a link for the cover art for those: http://davisdvd.com/galleries/bigcovers.html

Last edited by Dalvin; 11-11-04 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-11-04, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Night Court! That is my most wanted title, now that Sledge Hammer is already out. Will be picking up a LOT of those!

Good stuff!
Old 11-11-04, 06:25 PM
Banned

I love the cover for Full-House, that is a nice one!
Old 11-11-04, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fresh Prince, and Full House. Wow. I've been to the point where TV on DVD has been getting way out of hand for me. I mean, it's an endless flood of shows that keep releasing their first seasons to DVD. And the hard part is trying to keep up with all of the series I collect, because it's a lot of money to try to continue buying a series, when a bunch of new ones are coming out. By no means is this really a complaint, but more of a disappointment from in myself that's stemmed from being a DVD enthusiast, and loving a lot of TV shows that are out on dvd.... TV on DVD will eat your wallet like nothing. Especially when a lot of the shows I like are the more pricey ones, Sopranos, Oz, Buffy, Dick Van Dyke, Spongebob, Law And Order, NYPD Blue, and so on and so forth. I hate having to say that the market is so open for TV on DVD now, that with all the great choices that are out there, I have to limit myself. I originally said to myself a month or so ago.... 'I wont start buying any new series, Ill just finish up the ones that I have'. But when great shows such as these continually begin to surface with their first season sets, it's hard to say no. Anybody else have this problem?
Old 11-11-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll definitely be getting Murphy Brown, and probably Night Court. That's it.

Looks like even with that low price, these will include extras!

I'm too lazy to list them all; click here to check them out.

Rob
Old 11-11-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Regarding cost, like Rob said, these are really bargain titles. Although a few might have extras, I wouldn't be surprised if the extras were few to any at all.

Figuring that these are, for the most part, all double sided two disc releases, and MSRPs of $29 and change, my guess is that DDD will have them at the $22 price point or so. Even if they are bare bones, I will be picking up SEVERAL titles on Feb 8th!
Old 11-11-04, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TV Shows on DVD has a separate article up for each show. They each feature some extras, except the Wayans Bros. Full House even includes the never-before-seen pilot episode. The shows with short (13 episode) seasons come on 2 single-sided discs, and the full (22+ episode) seasons are 2 double-sided discs.
Night Court
Murphy Brown
Wayans Bros
Jamie Foxx Show
Fresh Prince (the only 1 of the 6 that I want)
Full House
Old 11-11-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mzupeman2
Fresh Prince, and Full House. Wow. I've been to the point where TV on DVD has been getting way out of hand for me. I mean, it's an endless flood of shows that keep releasing their first seasons to DVD. And the hard part is trying to keep up with all of the series I collect, because it's a lot of money to try to continue buying a series, when a bunch of new ones are coming out. By no means is this really a complaint, but more of a disappointment from in myself that's stemmed from being a DVD enthusiast, and loving a lot of TV shows that are out on dvd.... TV on DVD will eat your wallet like nothing. Especially when a lot of the shows I like are the more pricey ones, Sopranos, Oz, Buffy, Dick Van Dyke, Spongebob, Law And Order, NYPD Blue, and so on and so forth. I hate having to say that the market is so open for TV on DVD now, that with all the great choices that are out there, I have to limit myself. I originally said to myself a month or so ago.... 'I wont start buying any new series, Ill just finish up the ones that I have'. But when great shows such as these continually begin to surface with their first season sets, it's hard to say no. Anybody else have this problem?
I have the same problem, I'm so backed up with TV sets now, I have no idea when I'm going to watch them. I also worry that this huge influx of new TV titles will mean only a few high selling ones will continue with the later seasons. This is a huge turn off for me. Sure Fox seems dedicated to entire series (Buffy, Angel, X-Files, Simpsons, etc.), but these other studios don't seem to care about this. I'm still waiting for S.W.A.T. season 2, and that one only HAD 2 seasons.

Of the list above I'd only be interested in The Fresh Prince, but I'll probably hold off on that since The Miami Vice announcement came. Gotta be selective and pray for continuation (plus I'm talking myself into getting the R2 Buffy Limited Box set, so I'm going way over-budget on my TV allotment)
Old 11-11-04, 11:36 PM
Suspended

yes! fresh prince is finally going to be released....my friends will be relieved along with me since they dont have to hear me complain anymore about this show not being released.
Old 11-12-04, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I'm happy about most of those but particularly for The Wayans Bros. I don't think it had a long run, but I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 11-13-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Up to this point, I've never wanted to own a TV Show on DVD.

Until Fresh Prince. YES YES YES