Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Up Documentaries

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up Documentaries

Sorry if thais has been covered before but it's difficult to do a search for the word "Up"

I found out that the up documentaries have now been released on disc. (up to now only 42 Up was available) I was wondering If any one had gotteen the set yet and what, if any extras are available beyond the commentary on 42.

if you're interested it's available at amazon

thanks in advance
Old 11-08-04, 02:42 AM

I've been renting the 'Up' series from Netflix over the past two weeks. I'm up to 35 Up as of now. If my memory serves me right, there weren't any extra features on Disc 1 (7 UP, 7 Plus Seven), 21 Up, or 28 Up. I remember only seeing brief photo galleries and a short Director Bio for Michael Apted. It's really too bad that there isn't anything extra on these discs, i.e. commentaries, making of's, etc., because the films really are amazing and there's nothing else out there remotely similar to what this project has undertaken.
Old 11-08-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented these on video during the years. Fascinating docs. I bought 42Up when it came out - this appears to be the only disc with extras (good commentary) - don't think I'll pop for the whole thing.
Old 11-08-04, 01:11 PM

I've rented them all except for 42 up, and I can confirm that there aren't any extras save "Photo Gallery". They have left me thirsting for more! I'm still waiting for Netflix to ship "42 Up" (since they lowered their prices the disks aren't coming as promptly as before). Has anyone heard if Apted still plans to continue with "49 Up"? That would be just next year, right?
Old 09-12-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
49 & Up is coming 11.14.06