Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

One of my DVDs are missing!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of my DVDs is missing!

This week, they were supposed to spray for bugs in my apartment on Wed. Tuesday night, I was lamenting I had run out of space on my DVD shelves (and posted as such on one of the threads here). They were filled to capacity. Well, I looked over at my shelves while I was on DVDtalk a few moments ago, and the first thing I notice is a GAP between my DVDs on the second shelf of my comedy shelving unit. Right between Badder Santa and Bring it On, there is a gap. Was it there Tuesday night? Possibly, I suppose, but not the way I had them all packed in there. And it's right in the middle of the shelf, with Badder Santa leaning to the right, leaning against Bring It On. I don't keep them in alphabetical order, so it will probably be a year before I figure out what was supposed to go there, but it upsets me nonetheless. I worked at my two jobs Wed so there was no way I was going to take one of my own DVDs out of there yesterday and watch it. The only DVD I have in my player now is That 70s Show Season One, and that is present and accounted for.

I made a request at my apartment complex office that I be home next time they spray for bugs. The manager said they come early in the morning, between 8 and 10. She also said they are older guys and wouldn't be interested in our movies. What is that supposed to mean? What does she know about this exterminator who comes in to the apartments?

At the very least next time they want to spray, I am putting a sign on my door that says, "DO NOT SPRAY, ALLERGIES." They don't need to be coming into my apartment when I am not home. By law, they can if they give you 24 hours notice, but screw that, ONE OF MY DVDs ARE GONE. I know that shelf was full Tuesday night.

And I didn't accuse anybody of stealing my DVD. I said I could have misplaced it, but I know I didn't. Not like that. Some idiot probably saw all the DVDs I had and said, "Oh, he won't miss this one." YES I WILL. I just don't know what title it was, but when I go to watch it again, I will figure it out.

I had been working on cataloguing them. Time to get back on that project.

Last edited by calhoun07; 01-14-06 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-04-04, 03:55 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
IS
Old 11-04-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the toy you remember was called Colorforms? There was a whole line of them.
Old 11-04-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
IS
Sorry, in the back of my mind I thought that sounded wrong. What can I say? I was flustered at the thought of one of my DVDs missing!
Old 11-04-04, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quick trick - take a picture. I can remember my DVDs just by the patterns the spines make - that's how I'd know if one was missing.

BTW, Colorforms were awesome!
Old 11-04-04, 04:28 PM

I thought my car dealership had stolen some prescription medication I left in the dash while it was in for service. I was fuming. Worst part, I didn't have any of said medication to control such fuming. I went over and killed each and every one of those bastards, only to discover the bottle of pills in my bathroom upon returning home and showering off all the blood.

Actually, what really happened, is that I didn't kill anyone, and ended up finding the bottle in a weird location in my computer desk. I don't even remember taking it out of my car, but there it was, so who knows. I was this close to calling them up and bitching at them. I would have felt like an ass. So you may find your movie just yet, in an odd place that you don't even remember moving it to.
Old 11-04-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Your grammar makes me think that all are base are belong to us. Really.
Old 11-04-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: One of my DVDs is missing!

Originally posted by calhoun07
While we were going to leave, we passed by the aisle where the Incredible Hulk things were and I remember pointing out one was missing (and my sister pointing out to my parents that I saw one was missing) and lo and behold what do I open Christmas Eve that year?
You open your presents on Christmas Eve?
Old 11-04-04, 04:43 PM

So you are saying the exterminator stole a Bug's Life? ;->

Paul
Old 11-04-04, 04:45 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Is it Backdoor Sluts Part 9? 'Cause you said I could borrow it...
Old 11-04-04, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by RockyMtnBri
BTW, Colorforms were awesome!
Yep, I remember I had one that was based on the '67 Spider-Man cartoon.
Old 11-04-04, 05:09 PM

the next time they are going to come into your apartment, hide a web cam or another small camera near your DVDs and film them for the entire day. if one comes up missing, review the tape and then once you have evidence in hand, grab a baseball bat and go get some justice. a good blow across the hands will deter any further grabbing motions for a while.
Old 11-04-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

That was the most long-winded first post I've ever read.
Old 11-04-04, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,196 Likes on 1,501 Posts
Sorry, your post was way too long with no bolding, so I kind of skimmed though everything. I'm not sure, but did you say that some bugs stole your Spider-man colorforms? Man, that sucks. You should really have someone come to your place and spray for bugs.
Old 11-04-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by DVD Josh
Your grammar makes me think that all are base are belong to us. Really.
That would be "All YOUR base are belong to us."
Old 11-04-04, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by littlefuzzy
That would be "All YOUR base are belong to us."
Exactly!
Old 11-04-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now, I know this may sound... I'm not really certain how this may sound, but what was the point of the rambling "Incredible Hulk" part in the beginning?

To show to us that you pay attention to detail?

Apparently, your attention to detail isn't that great. I mean... There was a gap in your DVD shelf. Anyone with eyes can catch that one. Unless you can tell me what the title was, that's not any great feat of detailed attention.

(I have well over 200 actual DVD's and over 60 various seasons of TV on DVD. If one is missing, I know which one it is, without hesitation. I'm sorry, but your story is somewhat lacking in making me believe your "great attentiuon to detail."

I am truly sorry if my post seems to be mean-spirited, or condescending in any way, but I felt like I had to say something. I apologize if you take this the wrong way...