Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ultimate Matrix Collection trailers

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-04, 12:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Romerojpg
Yes I have the wrong attitude! your joking aint you! Did I call anyone names or act like a child, no. I said why the 2.35.1 aspect ratio boxes in thefilm and the opened up film looks and is better for me, I have shown the film to many others in the open way and most prefered it as the fights and many other scenes just work far better.

As I said it was not shot 2.35.1 it was cropped on all 4 sides to get the desired 2.35.1 ratio, you see more on all sides. you must never watch films on digital TV in widescreen as many are far better than the aspect ratio they were released on dvd on, Titanic is one bigger film with more of the frame open and not blocked off.

I am not saying anyones wrong and its evil to watch the film in its origanal aspect ratio at all, 99% of the time its perfect, but if anyone has seen the fuller version of a film opened up and not boxed in it can change your mind very few film do work like this, but Matrix part 1 is better this way. As most of you have not seen it I guess you can say as you like, but if you saw the difference you maybe then would prefer the fuller version.

People who say its the only way, well changes if they make the product better are a good thing, be it a better aspect ratio, or digital changes or more footage added in, if it makes the film better, then it better for all of us.if the director doesnt like it really who cares! as you will own films where the director has not wanted his film presented in that way, it was forced on him, but you still think thats the right way!
No a film is there to be changed and Directors do it all the time, if the person added footage or messed about with it will you never ever go near that film, yes you would and most people wont even know that they have been changed against the directors wishes.

I have no proof whatsoever as some git stole my tape of it, but I did tell many people to wacth it when it was shown on UK TV (digital ) and they all noticed the differnce, if they did not agree it was better then good for them, but a lot did say they prefered the opened up version and one day I will own a good version on dvd as Hi Fef TV can produce superb dvds, just hope I get one soon.
I could probibly provide you with many people to come and say about it as they have seen it, from many forums, but I am sure you would still not beleve them either. So I will leave it for now as you lot are very set in your ways and hostile to change and peoples opinions.
Well, after reading through this discourse, I have but one action left to do...

-notrolls-

Question though...if you say that the "opened up" version is 1.85, why would this require the cropping of the left and right sides to make a 2.35 version.

The fact that you say this makes one tend to look at your whole ascertation with huge skepticism.
Old 11-02-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes I have the wrong attitude! ....................
I don't recall ever calling you a name. If you are referring to calling you a troll, that is exactly what you are doing here, bringing something into a discussion meant only to rile up others. You seem to me like an angry teenager who doesn't like being told they have to do things a certain way. This attitude seems even more ridiculous because you are rebeling against aspect ratios in a movie.

Please, have others who have also seen this version of the film post here with their opinions. I am curious what these hoardes of viewers will say.
Old 11-02-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,248 Likes on 858 Posts
Um . . . the Matrix ROCKS! ??

(I figured everybody else was off in la-la land.)

Seriously though, I cannot wait for these since they will include the extras that I have been wanting from day one. Not the fluff (or even the quality pieces) on the special effects, etc. I want the deep philosophical stuff! I still recall seeing the Matrix in the theater (I had no clue what it was about, nobody would say. They just kept saying "You have to see this!") and being the only person there picking up on the layers upon layers of religious subtext. And being the only guy who got the "Mr. Reagan" joke.

Oh yeah, and I am quite intrigued by the commentaries from the critics who hated the movies. Those should be fun!
Old 11-02-04, 02:11 PM

Question though...if you say that the "opened up" version is 1.85, why would this require the cropping of the left and right sides to make a 2.35 version.
I never said the origanal negative was 1.85.1 it could be super 35 for all I know,
all I know is the facts, the 2.35.1 has less footage than the 1.85.1 tv version, they cut the sides and top and bottom off for the dvd theatrical version.

Look on it with as much skepticism as you like its 100% fact as you obviously have no idea what your talking about at all as you have not seen it! I wont bother repeating this again as its simple to understand.

If you are referring to calling you a troll, that is exactly what you are doing here, bringing something into a discussion meant only to rile up others. You seem to me like an angry teenager who doesn't like being told they have to do things a certain way.
Yes I am a troll whatever you say!
loosers say crap like Your a Troll!

I was not riling up anyone I was pointing out something and certain people dont like it.

Its sad trying to bait people like you are, basically people inform you of something and all I get is shit and people patronising you!. I wont even bother in the future with people's set in stone attitudes like this.

I am sure a few people will be reading this and they know I am talking truth, but they probibly wouldnt post as they would be called a Troll and get ignorant comments thrown at them.
Old 11-02-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You keep bringing up the fact that there are so many others who think like you, but I haven't seen any post here yet.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously in the future, you should work on your grammar. It should be You're a Troll, as in You are, not your, as in your own.
Old 11-02-04, 03:28 PM

Get a Life!
you have a serious problem and need chill out, you think my 1st post was aimed at you and you are basically a flaming/ baiting idiot and Forums are ruined by people like you.
You wonder why no one will post, well your a fine example of why people stay off forums alltogether. Good work you have ruined this thread with your pathetic patter, why not quote a bit more and make the thread even worse as thats all your good at.
Old 11-02-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As for the set... that box looks too cool to pass up... and I may end up caving in on this bad boy.
Old 11-02-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh no, I ruined a thread? Ban me, please! I'm not the one who came into a thread about Ultimate Matrix Collection Trailers and started going on and on about how a some other version of the movie was better than the rest. Give me a break. I just responded to your first post, you're the one that couldn't back up any of what you said.
Old 11-02-04, 03:51 PM
Banned

Get a Life!
you have a serious problem and need chill out, you think my 1st post was aimed at you and you are basically a flaming/ baiting idiot and Forums are ruined by people like you.
You wonder why no one will post, well your a fine example of why people stay off forums alltogether. Good work you have ruined this thread with your pathetic patter, why not quote a bit more and make the thread even worse as thats all your good at.
"Pot, this is Kettle calling..."
Old 11-02-04, 03:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by FinkPish
Oh no, I ruined a thread? Ban me, please! I'm not the one who came into a thread about Ultimate Matrix Collection Trailers and started going on and on about how a some other version of the movie was better than the rest. Give me a break. I just responded to your first post, you're the one that couldn't back up any of what you said.
Tell me about it...I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the thought that the sides are cropped on the 2.35 version. The top and bottom I can see, but the sides????
Old 11-02-04, 05:34 PM

So I guess you never seen Terminator 2 then! Super 35 must be something new to you!

I will give up as your powers of deduction have weeded me out I guess I am a Troll after all!

at least I aint a Flamer I guess
Old 11-02-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I guess you never seen Terminator 2 then! Super 35 must be something new to you!

I will give up as your powers of deduction have weeded me out I guess I am a Troll after all!

at least I aint a Flamer I guess
Again, you fail to see the point. The point isn't that the film was shot in Super 35 or anamorphic or 3-D. The point is that 2.35:1 is the way the film was meant to be seen, a choice by the directors and the DP. If you like seeing it at 1.85:1 or 1.77:1, then fine, good for you, but for you to keep claiming that 2.35:1 is somehow the incorrect format for this movie is ridiculous. I don't know how to get that across to you, so I'll stop trying. If you don't want to hear it, no skin off my nose.
Old 11-02-04, 06:04 PM

So you own T2 in widescreen? if you do your going againtst the director as he prefers Fullscreen version of the film

and yes I know its the directors prefered vision, and I said just because they want something doesnt mean its right, you must surly own many dvds which go against the directors wishes? be it alternate cut not by them, extra tinkering etc... I do agree the directors film is his and 99% of the time they are right, but its nice to have a little choice

not Fullscreen mind you as most the time they do suck bad, esspecially panning and scanning

The Super 35 I said above was for the fact thats how you get more footage either side of the image frame as well as above and below.

I have ruined this thread and will stop now.
Mike Lowrey
sorry, but I cannot keep my god shut when I am asked, etc...
Old 11-02-04, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, Romero, in the end it's fine that you like this opened up version, but most of us, especially on this forum, prefer to see the film as intended. Especially for a film like this, where I know the firectors and DP put lot of thought into composition, and that's for the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

nonetheless, it'ss fine you liked this 1.85:1 version, but the truth is it'll never exist. They'll make ones that fit people's TVs, and they'll make ones that preserve the original artistic intention. In your case, I would recommend buying the fullscreen version and putting electrical tape on the top and bottom. Now you're in control of the aspect ratio, problem solved.
Old 11-03-04, 07:50 AM
Mod Emeritus

...you are basically a flaming/ baiting idiot and Forums are ruined by people like you.
Romerojpg, personal attacks are against forum rules. Please do not repeat this type of namecalling.