Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Cop Land DC dvd audio problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-04, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cop Land DC dvd audio problems?

I just bought the new director's cut release of Cop Land - which I consider one of the best cop drama films of the past 10 years -the other day at Future Shop and when the pivotal scene with Stallone confronting the bad cops comes up, (SPOILER ALERT!) the high pitched tinnitus effect in that sequence was not there! The scene was there but the audio was gone and only muted music was put in. Does anyone know if this was a conscious decision by the director to take out or was it a tech glitch? For me, the scene's impact was greatly lessened by not including this highpitched "squeal" and also really gave my system a hell of a workout! Can someone help because I'm not sure if I should try and return the dvd if it is a manufacturing glitch. I have a Pioneer dvd-audio/sacd dvd player fyi.

thanks!
Old 10-28-04, 10:13 AM

My copy has the described sequence intact. I distinctly remember having to turn down the volume on my receiver during that part!
Old 10-28-04, 10:42 AM

hey, Torres, just wondering if you have the old dvd or the newer Director's Cut edition of it? The older edition has that sequence intact and I also had to turn the volume down because it was so loud and very effective but the new DC cut I played last night only had music and sounded lame compared to the old dvd. I wonder if it's my Pioneer dvd player.
Old 10-28-04, 03:50 PM

I have the recently released Director's Cut dvd. My player is a Toshiba, if that matters.
Old 10-30-04, 12:31 AM

damn, thanks 4 the info. Hope it's a faulty dvd and not my player.