Reload this Page >

Frasier & Cheers 4th Season, is coming

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-27-04, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From tvshowsondvd:

There was widespread concern that plans for seasons 4-10 had been dropped, and wouldn't be seen on DVD.

We've told you all along that this wasn't the case, and now the studio is backing us up by revealing that Frasier - Season 4 is being put together now, with plans for release in the first half of 2005. In all likelihood, it will be scheduled for whatever street date that Cheers - Season 4 gets assigned: that was the situation with seasons 1, 2, and 3 of both shows.

Its not much info, but it does provide some insight that it is being made, so it is good news
Old 10-27-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More good news, from here:
...Speaking of accelerated releases, both Cheers and Frasier are picking up the pace, too! We've already told you to expect the 4th season of each of these to be released on the same day in early 2005, during the Winter months. There are plans also for Season 5 of each in the Spring, S6 in the Summer, and S7 in the Fall. These two shows have always been released in step with each other, on the same street date - the only exception being Frasier's "oddball" release of the final (11th) season (arriving 11/16/04) to capitalize on the publicity surrounding the end of the show. Now you can look for Taxi to fall in step with those two shows: Paramount wants to include this popular sitcom on the same street dates as Cheers and Frasier throughout 2005. The 1st season just arrived this past Tuesday, but you'll be able to hail another cab in early 2005 as well. And that 2nd season set will be followed by the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years on the same dates as the follow-ups to Cheers/Frasier.
So hopefully, about this time next year, we should have the complete run of Taxi, and the first 7 seasons of Cheers and Frasier.

Rob
Old 10-27-04, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

SWEET!
Old 10-27-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why didn't Paramount release a Cheers set when the last season of Frasier came out? Did Frasier run longer than Cheers?
Old 10-27-04, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, they both ran for 11 seasons. But Frasier just ended a few months ago, so I guess they're hoping that releasing the final season now will help sales.

Rob
Old 10-27-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I will pass on Frasier, but plan on getting all the Cheers and Taxi releases.
Old 11-05-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No official announcement yet, but according to DVDAnswers, Season 4 of Cheers (and I'm assuming, Frasier) will be out in February. They have the Cheers cover art:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...5224&n=1&burl=

edited to add:
Hopefully, that means Season 2 of Taxi will be coming in February as well.

Rob

Last edited by RobCA; 11-05-04 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 10:53 AM
sdk

This is great news, i don't like cheers much. But i do love fraiser. Haven't heard of taxi so id don't know about that. But i will be picking up fraiser.