Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

ALIEN vs. PREDATOR in January...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

ALIEN vs. PREDATOR in January...

Old 10-13-04, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez, first House of 1000 Corpses DC falls to the wayside, now I find out there may not actually be an R rated version of AvP(of course they'll call it unrated).
Old 10-13-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This movie just has the worst word of mouth reviews. I'll likely rent it.
Old 10-13-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll pick it up cheap for my 12 year old. Otherwise its not worth having.
Old 10-13-04, 06:44 PM

I loved this movie....cant wait for the release!
Old 10-13-04, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by NotoriousDRE
I loved this movie....cant wait for the release!
I'm sorry.
Old 10-14-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Average film and obviously they are planning a double dip on this one.

Be interested to see a Director Cut to find out if Paul WS Anderson is more than just a Hack. He seems to blame the studio so lets see what his cut was like so we can make our own minds up.
Old 10-14-04, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bill Needle
As did I, even with the free ticket from the Predator CE. How dumb was that?
I still regret using mine.
Old 10-14-04, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 176 Likes on 140 Posts
Well, I presume you have at least been spared the temptation of buying the DVD...I still face that.
Old 10-14-04, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bill Needle
Well, I presume you have at least been spared the temptation of buying the DVD...I still face that.
Yes. I have been cured.
Old 10-14-04, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, look at all the threadcraps up in here. Sure, there might only be about 2 posts otherwise, but it seems unfair to attack someone who comes in says how much they love the movie and can't wait for the DVD. I mean, it's funny and all, but still. While I have no interest in this DVD (I clicked on the link cuz I'm very bored and have no TV right now) or ever sitting through the movie again (thank God for free passes inside DVDs of better movies), I'm not gonna come into a thread about its release and trash the movie.

Or, ya know, I am.

K
Old 10-14-04, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Opinion != thread crap.

but it seems unfair to attack someone who comes in says how much they love the movie and can't wait for the DVD.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but no one really seems to be attacked for showing any interest or enjoyment of the film. Sure the one new member got a "I'm sorry". But that isn't really attacking him other than creating a "zing" worthy responses for the purpose of a general joke and not an attack on that member.

I'm not gonna come into a thread about its release and trash the movie.
But you'll come in a thread to criticise those criticising a movie? Makes you wonder how long this vicious cycle can continue.. don't it?
Old 10-14-04, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, never thought I'd see the day when Jackskeleton and I would tussle.

You've obviously missed my entire point though. The "I'm sorry" line we're both referring to? I laughed. It was funny. And oh so true. That doesn't change the fact, however, that this whole thread is littered with what could be considered threadcraps. Maybe it's cuz I was just reading the threadcrapping thread and I'm really bored, but it seems like the purpose of this thread was to discuss the DVD and its extras, not the quality of the movie, therefore negative comments (opinions or not) are threadcraps. You know?

I don't know. It just feels like cuz it's a movie most people disliked (or outright hated), it's not held to the same scrutiny in regards to threadcrapping. I could be wrong though. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

We cool, homedawg.

K
Old 10-14-04, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
but it seems like the purpose of this thread was to discuss the DVD and its extras
at current time there isn't any info on what those extras will be. I think the thread is currently doing an ok job at discussing the potential. That being that a lot of people agree that they will wait for a DC because the very few extra scenes that is proposed to be added currently would not make the film any better then they thought it was.

A lot of ill feelings are in the thread, but that is for a reason. The film didn't live up to their expectations and since we are working off of very little info given from the first post, we can only speculate and discuss. I'm not really seeing to much attack or harmful threadcrapping involved really. I could be wrong, but it seems like everyone is voicing their opinions. Just because that opinion is not all around praise for the film doesn't mean that it is an automatic thread crap.

So pretty much we have nothing to go on but our thoughts of the film since we were told that P.W.S.A was planning or hoping to get a Directors Cut with more violence and story that will save the film from what everyone hated and we are left asking about that.

I wouldn't call it a tussle really, just a difference of opinion, which is perfectly fine to be able to discuss. not everything is black and white. Much like not everything is either a thread praise or a thread crap.

Edit: all perspective on how we look at it. As of now, I'm seeing this as clean fun. Guy gets zinged with the "I'm sorry" and it creates laughs. No one is really bashing anyone else other then P.W.S.A, which is always a deserved bash if you ask me.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-14-04 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-14-04, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Re: ALIEN vs. PREDATOR in January...

Originally posted by El-Kabong
A couple of deleted scenes are not going to save this piece of crap. There was just too much wrong with this film for 120 seconds of trimmed footage to repair.
Originally posted by The Monkees
People are actually going to BUY this?

Why? The movie was horrible and W.S. has ruined the Alien & Predator series!

Anyway, to each his own.
Okay, those are definitely threadcraps, according to this:

Originally posted by Static Cling
Can you give me an example?

One commonly seen threadcrap is someone posting that "___________ is a crappy movie" in a thread dedicated to information about the movie's DVD release. The point of the thread isn't to discuss the quality of the movie, but to discuss the movie's DVD release.
Then again, I'm absolutely guilty of taking this thread off-topic and such. I'm doing the "don't", so to speak.

K
Old 10-14-04, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I seriously lowered my expectations going into the movie and found that I enjoyed what was shown. It's not the best AVP that could have been made but, it's still a hoot to watch anyway. I'm definately picking this up in January.
Old 10-14-04, 12:14 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
I'm sorry.

Please don't be insulting toward other members. If you don't want this, don't buy it... but there's no reason to take this type of attitude toward someone who is interested in this release.
Old 10-14-04, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Ah - but I didnt just say "___________ is a crappy movie" (or in this case "AvP is a crappy movie"). I said that no amout of extra footage and directors cut control will save this crappy movie.

Huge diffrence. Worlds apart.
Old 10-14-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And yet we speak the same language. And both have aliens that have inhabited our planet for centuries before we were born.

Or something to that effect.

I wasn't really paying attention, sorry.

K
Old 10-14-04, 02:34 PM
Banned

hell ill pick it up
Old 10-14-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even though it wasn't a great movie, it needs to be a 2-Disc (like the Quad. discs) with both versions, DTS, Anderson/Lathan/Henriksen/Whyte/Woodruff/Gillis commentary, various documentaries and featurttes on the making of the film, the web featurettes, additional deleted scenes, interviews, screen tests, the scrreenplay, various still galleries and creature designs, web trailers, teasers and trailers, and TV spots, as well as a whole bunch of other great stuff.
Old 10-14-04, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Re: Re: ALIEN vs. PREDATOR in January...

Originally posted by Cornelius1047
Okay, those are definitely threadcraps, according to this:

Then again, I'm absolutely guilty of taking this thread off-topic and such. I'm doing the "don't", so to speak.

K
Got to say you got me there.

I suppose the other touch and go post looked like they weren't crossing the line and that could make the others seem on that same level of not entirely thread crap.

I guess it's just a matter of presentation and perception of the text.

Well played corn, well played.
Old 10-14-04, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by ReduxGuy
Even though it wasn't a great movie, it needs to be a 2-Disc (like the Quad. discs) with both versions, DTS, Anderson/Lathan/Henriksen/Whyte/Woodruff/Gillis commentary, various documentaries and featurttes on the making of the film, the web featurettes, additional deleted scenes, interviews, screen tests, the scrreenplay, various still galleries and creature designs, web trailers, teasers and trailers, and TV spots, as well as a whole bunch of other great stuff.

Well P.W.S.A. was barking about wanting a DC of it released of it on dvd when confronted with an angry mob at a Q&A about the film. Fox is liking the whole double dipping idea lately. So who really knows if that DC exist or if Fox will do that.
Old 10-14-04, 04:49 PM
Banned

I didnt like this movie...but I'm probably going to buy the DVD...no idea why...but I will...
Old 10-14-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,310 Likes on 954 Posts
I'm not sure what I'll do. I might have to wait to see what the specs are and if there is a DC announced.

The movie just gave me a strange feeling. There were Aliens.. and there were Predators... but it just didn't FEEL like an Alien or Predator movie.

If the specs are good, I'll probably still buy the damn thing. God, I'm such a DVD slut.
Old 10-14-04, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by TomOpus

The movie just gave me a strange feeling. There were Aliens.. and there were Predators... but it just didn't FEEL like an Alien or Predator movie.
Exactly.

Pro-B

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.