Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Michael Moore's DVD cover-art

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Michael Moore's DVD cover-art

Old 10-12-04, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Moore is a seditious propagandist, but I don't see the point of this thread. --- Bill Needle

Apparantly Bill knows the point of this thread.......
Old 10-12-04, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mikewendt
It's the studio's choice. Like going with the Jersey Girl cover with the Kevin Smith photo in the corner. Even though Kevin mentioned on his own site he was agaist it.
I had to laugh my ass off at that cover. There's Kevin peaking over and looking at the crappy cover art, grinning away.
Old 10-13-04, 03:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm no fan of Moore, but he is in his movies, and is a known and popular personality.

I clicked on this thread thinking it would be a comparison of the original movie poster for F9/11 featuring a smirky Moore holding the envelope versus the altered DVD cover, in which Moore is now somber and standing in front of clouds for some reason.

Why the change? IIRC, his head was actaully bigger in the original poster. Most of the time, stars' heads are enlarged for the smaller DVD cover art. (A practice that I hate.) I suspect that this was just a response to allegations that the serious film was being marketed as a snarky comedy. In the interest of sudden good taste, Moore is now saaaaaad.

JiM T
Old 10-13-04, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This probably would have been more appropriate for the Other forum. Although even there we've been trying to cut back on the number of blantant bashing threads like this one.