Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone seen Incrediblely Strange Creatures?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-08-04, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have always wanted to see this and always heard the crazy title, but did anyone pick up the DVD? I would like to know some more info on this before I blind buy (or if I don't).

I guess it has an audio com w/Joe Bob Briggs and an interview with the star.
Old 10-08-04, 03:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

i saw the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version, which was probably very funny. but I can't specifically recall.
Old 10-08-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by cygnet74
i saw the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version, which was probably very funny. but I can't specifically recall.
Haven't seen it, but aside from anything else, it's supposed to be extremely well photographed for a low budget movie. Laszlo Kovacs and Vilmos Zsigmond both worked on it. Zsigmond later won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography for Close Encounters of the Third Kind; both have received the American Cinematographer's Society Lifetime Acheivement Awards. At the time they were both trying to establish their careers as cameramen in the U.S. after escaping Hungary in 1956.
Old 10-08-04, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

picked it up last week...but work has had me tied down. I'll be giving it a viddey tomorrow night at some point. the Briggs track was a big selling point for me....since I'm collecting all those. did alot of research on it over the last few years and had already planned to buy it.
Old 10-08-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw it on VHS years ago. It's actually a pretty good movie, as far as plot and originality go. It was made on a shoestring budget and the title is a little weird but it was sort of a play on the title of Stanley Kubrick's movie
Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stopp Worrying and Love the Bomb.

the original title was supposed to be
Incredibly Strange Creatures or Why I Stopped Living and became a Mixed-Up Zombie.

There was apparently a lawsuit filed by the distributor of Kubrick's film which caused Ray Dennis Steckler (aka Cash Flagg, the film's star) to change the title to be changed to "The Incredibly strange creatures who etc etc"

I intend to get it and I would recommend it to others.

Edit:Corrected title.

Last edited by Quatermass; 10-09-04 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-09-04, 12:49 AM
Cool New Member

I saw it a long time ago. It's better than Eegah, but that's about it.
Old 10-09-04, 10:00 AM

Caught it on the big screen as a double feature with Rocky Horror Picture Show at a midnight show in the late 70's. The Media Blasters DVD is worth buying for curious fans.
Old 10-09-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mmmm. Still on the fence, here, hopefully some cult website or CineShlock will review it soon.
Old 10-09-04, 06:25 PM

According to someone over at DVDManiacs, the Shriek Show DVD is cut. It's another one of those jump-cuts where a few minutes accidentally got butchered during a mastering error. Another blown DVD from Media Blasters - just like their worthless HELL HIGH and WARLOCK MOON discs. Will it ever stop?!?