Just Got Friday the 13th Box Today!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Just Got Friday the 13th Box Today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-04, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if the Futureshop in Canada will have the extra bonus disc? Since they are owned by Best Buy they often get the extra discs. But on the Futureshop website, there is no mention of it.
Old 10-05-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually, on the futureshop website there IS mention of it... the bonus disc should be included if you get it early... I think quantities are limited, since on Futureshop.ca there are two listings... one for the set selling at $59.99 (which does not mention the bonus disc) and another for $63.99 that does mention it (and is currently sold out).....

I work at FS so I'll check tonight and clarify if I can.

MATT

update edit: Our store didn't get any with the bonus disc...

Last edited by mdc3000; 10-06-04 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-05-04, 10:55 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
actually in regards to the bonus Best Buy disc, it looks like it is inside the box, there is a sticker on the outside that states: "Best Buy Exclusive: Extra bonus Disc inside"

now I should be spitting needles, I should have read your review Sunday Morning more in depth,I didn't realize that the Sean S. Cunningham commentary which is on the UK Special Edition is NOT on this domestic version, that really makes me really mad, now I have to buy the Friday the 13th (first movie) a third time, grrr.. Paramount, you're killing me.
Old 10-05-04, 01:00 PM

Best Buy bonus disk is shrinkwrapped on the outside of the main F13 box. It is in a plain white sleeve, under a paper info sheet on the back. Info sheet is only for the packs with the bonus disk, and is a slightly smaller version of the back of the actual box, except that it mentions the bonus disc at the very bottom.

I ordered mine at bestbuy.com to take advantage of the online-only sale on horror boxsets, and did the in-store pickup thing. When I picked it up, I noticed they had set aside one WITHOUT the bonus disk, so I had to ask them to switch it out, since that was the reason I was buying with them to begin with. She made sure it had the same item number, and then swapped it out no problem.

Just got through watching part 4 (here at work )
Old 10-05-04, 01:25 PM

I ended up buying this at Target. Circuit City and Best Buy in Westbury Long Island were both long sold out. Figuring that I missed the bonus disc I went elsewhere and got the last copy at Target.
Old 10-05-04, 01:34 PM
Banned

I cant believe this is selling that fast!
Old 10-05-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got to BB right at 10 and went straight to the horror section. I picked up one and some other kid did. Now they only have two; it seemed maybe some store employees got a few, cuz I expected andleast 20 copies.
But oh well, I got mine.
Old 10-05-04, 02:33 PM

When I picked mine up at 10:30 this morning there was only maybe ten sets... the girl from that department said they (Best Buy) didn't get many in. I got my set for $46.39 + tax using the Madden coupon.
Old 10-05-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll try target later as well. BB in Okemos was sold out this moning too.
Old 10-05-04, 03:17 PM
Banned

my FYE had about 7-8 left...
Old 10-05-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad so many people are buying it & posting that it's sold out b/c it just means I'll get mine when the better version comes out much faster

They have already stated that this box set does NOT feature the long available overseas uncut version of the original movie (which is awful that it's not included) as well as a TON of extras that are not included on this box set, so as long as it sells well, a new release will be in the work.

So keep on buying people, I'll save money & wait for a future release.
Old 10-05-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not holding my breathe for SEs later, hence the reason I bought the set. But I do feel they will, but maybe in two or three years.
Old 10-05-04, 04:13 PM

The best buy here in Roch, NY only got 6 today. Unfortuanelty I wasnt one of the lucky 6.
Old 10-05-04, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by mdc3000
Actually, on the futureshop website there IS mention of it... the bonus disc should be included if you get it early... I think quantities are limited, since on Futureshop.ca there are two listings... one for the set selling at $59.99 (which does not mention the bonus disc) and another for $63.99 that does mention it (and is currently sold out).....
Oops ... I didn't see the second listing, thanks for pointing that out! I guess I should go over to the Futureshop ASAP and see if I can snag a copy with bonus disc.
Old 10-05-04, 07:09 PM

Ok..now someone be honest with me..
Im only missing 3 movies that are in this set. Is it worth it for me to toss aside the other dvds I already have and get this collection? Keep in mind I could care less about the extras.

Did they or didnt they improve the video and audio quality?
Old 10-05-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by KevinSmithIsGod
Ok..now someone be honest with me..
Im only missing 3 movies that are in this set. Is it worth it for me to toss aside the other dvds I already have and get this collection? Keep in mind I could care less about the extras.

Did they or didnt they improve the video and audio quality?
If you have to ask yourself that question i would say no.

If you don't care for extras, don't bother.

They don't improve on the A/V so again, don't bother.
Old 10-05-04, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sold out at both BB's in my area, god damnit.
Old 10-05-04, 10:10 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17
Glad so many people are buying it & posting that it's sold out b/c it just means I'll get mine when the better version comes out much faster

They have already stated that this box set does NOT feature the long available overseas uncut version of the original movie (which is awful that it's not included) as well as a TON of extras that are not included on this box set, so as long as it sells well, a new release will be in the work.

So keep on buying people, I'll save money & wait for a future release.
niice! so we can spend our money while you save yours?thanks for the help
Old 10-05-04, 11:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I picked up the set today for $54 at Target. Not a bad deal.

From what I could tell regarding the transfers. They all looked great,and anyone who complains about this is just nitpicking for no reason. The films look the way they do,part 4 was shot in soft focus,so it will always look more grainy and washed out. But it still looks 100% better than the VHS releases and prints used on tv..and I am sure even the original theatrical release!
Old 10-06-04, 11:04 AM

I find it irritating that Best Buy didn't order enough to fill the demand. There are 3 in my area and all are sold out. Who does marketing research for these guys anyways?
Old 10-06-04, 11:56 AM
mxv

My useless best buy ran out long before I got there. They had about 11 million copies of aladdin though which of course was no use to me. Bastards, they never get enough copies of anything I have an interest in. They also seemed to be out of the LE of Shawshank Redemption.
Old 10-06-04, 12:26 PM

My best buy ran out yesterday also. Ended up going to Circuit City and buying it there. Would have been nice to have to the extra disc but I probably wouldn't have watched it anyway.
Old 10-06-04, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you wanna see how bad it is for us folks in MI.? go to best buy and search for a store to pick it up at with the zipcode 48229.
Old 10-06-04, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a pretty shitty predicament. I'm glad I took the day off work and went to my nearby Best Buy at 10:30am on Tuesday.
Old 10-06-04, 03:50 PM

I'm going to check Circuit City tonight. I want the bonus disc but it is a matter of principle....Maybe if Best Buy loses some business they will get their act together & order enough copies in the future....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.