Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Any Word On Dallas Season 3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Any Word On Dallas Season 3?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that many more seasons of the Ewing clan will see the light of day on DVD. Is there any news of plans to continue with the release of season 3 which climaxes with ol' J.R. getting a couple of slugs in the gut?

Last edited by Jack Straw; 09-29-04 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-29-04, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"she was drunk like sue ellen on Dallas" Eric that 70's show

sorry i had to do that.
Old 09-29-04, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How about "you're a tramp and an unfit mother like Sue Ellen on Dallas".

Last edited by Jack Straw; 09-29-04 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-15-05, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody have an update on this?

I wrote an email to Warner? I think it was, whoever put out the first set, anyway they said "we don't give out release dates to saps like you - subscribe to the newsletter" more or less.

Dammit I need more! More backstabbing, more J.R. hating, more Pamela
Old 01-15-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well on the Rebate Deal Warner Brothers has it mentions that they accept ANY Season Set of Dallas, I would assume they plan on releasing more sets.
Old 01-16-05, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

naitram - Thanks for doing a search an resurrecting my old thread. That's me in front of Southfork last May. I'm chompin' at the bit for Seasons 3-4 myself.
Old 01-16-05, 01:23 AM

Do most people agree that season 3 is the best???
Old 01-16-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I personally like Season 5 the best which is the Season where Jock's will set up the contest for Ewing Oil. J.R. and Bobby really go at it that season. It culminates with the fire at S.F.
Old 01-16-05, 11:39 PM
Banned

Which is the dream season?
Which is the season where Jock dies?
Old 01-17-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Regardless of how sales did of Season 1&2, I cant imagine theyd skip on releasing Season 3 and 4 since they do feature the greatest cliffhanger ever and the following resolution.

I watched Dallas when I was younger, but only the later seasons as I was too young when it first came on. Its a great show, but theres a lot of things that really bug me...off the top of my head at this moment (yes I realize this is somewhat off-topic):
1) No explanation as to why JR and Sue Ellen moved into the main house after S1...I know they changed the house, and I will ignore that, but they should have came up with something for this.
2) Stupid mistakes...in a scene that obviously takes place late at night, we can see its full daylight outside. In the episode where Bobby is kidnapped and they meet the kidnappers at "sunup", it looks more like noon or later.
3) Lack of continuity between episodes. In one episode Miss Ellies brother Garrison comes home to South Fork "to die". Well apparently he didnt last long, because in the very next episode hes not around and no one seems to care that hes not.
So Im guessing either at some point they started paying attention to details and continuity, or I just cant remember that much about the later seasons. None of these are BIG problems, but at the same time they arent that hard get right either.
Old 01-17-05, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
naitram - Thanks for doing a search an resurrecting my old thread. That's me in front of Southfork last May. I'm chompin' at the bit for Seasons 3-4 myself.
Ya thats pretty sweet. I watched that show growing up, it would be pretty cool to actually be there. Have you noticed sometimes on the show it looks like they are outside at the actual ranch, but sometimes - like when they are just hanging out on the porch or eating outside, it completely looks like a set? You don't know how long I've spent analyzing that.

You guys talking about these later season makes me want them more. I don't get the soap opera channel to get my fix (what am I saying?!)
Old 01-17-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wm lopez - Jock drops off the show during season 3 where he goes down to South America to wildcat for some oil that the Gov't has interest in. Season 8 was the dream season.

ENDContra - Yes I've noticed the same things as well. I chalk it up to a lack of budget during those early episodes to get shots right, and no real desire to tie out every detail.

naitram - Yes, I find myself doing the same thing particularly because I've visited the house and was lounging on that patio. I don't have Soap Net either, so I am eagerly awaiting the announcement of the next DVD release. When I hear of something, I'll resurrect this post again with the update.

Here's a link to a whole lot more "Dallas".

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/
Old 01-28-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's an update:

Ever since the release of Dallas - Seasons 1 & 2, fans have anxiously awaited word of the famous 3rd season coming to DVD, and we see notes from fans all the time who are worried about the lack of news. This is the season that ended in one of TV history's most classic episodes, the exciting cliffhanger where J.R. Ewing was shot. That episode, "A House Divided", started a mystery which sparked articles in mainstream magazines such as Time and Newsweek, and on the evening news broadcasts in many a city.
Everybody - even Miss Ellie! - was a suspect in the shooting that resulted in Las Vegas taking bets on just whodunit. The puzzle was finally solved shortly into the 4th season of the series...but we're getting ahead of
ourselves! Right now it's the 3rd season of Dallas we want on DVD.

We want to assure fans that the Dallas - Complete 3rd Season DVD set
really IS in the works, and that you can probably expect to see it around
the end of Summer/start of Fall
timeframe. Our thanks to the folks at
UltimateDallas.com, who first passed along this info in their discussion
forum. Even though one of their major threads on the subject was
accidentally deleted, there are other places there where the timeframe is
still mentioned. And we've unofficially heard the same info now from a whole
bunch of other places as well. Remember that anything can change, but right
now it's pretty unanimous that this is when we'll see Season 3. Stay tuned
for more, once the folks at Warner Brothers make their official
announcement.

Link:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2801

Last edited by Jack Straw; 01-28-05 at 02:59 PM.