Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Top Gun SE & Return of the King Expanded Edition- 12/14

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-04, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top Gun SE & Return of the King Expanded Edition- 12/14

(From DigiBIts) What a great way to spend the holidays! Dec 14th is going to be a day I have been waiting for..with Top Gun's SE and LOTR, I am gonna take Weds off!

According to DB:

The DVD will street on 12/14, featuring a 250 minute version of the film with over 50 minutes of new footage and scenes. The film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen video (2.35:1) with audio in both Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and DTS 6.1 ES surround sound.

The film will be presented on Discs One & Two, complete with four newly-recorded audio commentaries by the director and writers, the design team, the production team and the cast. These will feature more than 30 participants (including Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Orlando Bloom, Richard Taylor, Howard Shore and many more). The cast commentary will also feature a dialogue between split-personality characters Gollum and Smeagol (Andy Serkis).

Discs Three & Four (The Appendices) will include the usual in-depth documentaries and other features. Disc Three (The War of the Ring) will include a video introduction by Peter Jackson, the final part of the J.R.R. Tolkien: The Legacy of Middle-earth documentary, the From Book to Script: Forging the Final Chapter documentary, an abandoned concept featurette: Aragorn Battles Sauron, the final parts of the Designing Middle-earth, Big-atures, Weta Workshop and Costume Design documentaries, design galleries with more than 2,100 images (divided into The Peoples of Middle-earth, The Realms of Middle-earth and Miniatures), the Home of the Horse Lords documentary, and more interactive Middle-earth Atlas: Tracing the Journeys of the Fellowship and New Zealand as Middle-earth interactive maps (with production footage).

Disc Four (The Passing of an Age) will include a video introduction by Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan, the final part of the Cameras in Middle-earth documentary on the making of the film, a production photo gallery with more than 60 images, the last part of the Weta Digital visual effects documentary, a multi-angle The Mumakil Battle interactive demonstration, the Editorial: Completing the Trilogy, Music for Middle-earth, The Soundscapes of Middle-earth and The End of All Things documentaries, The Passing of an Age documentary, the Cameron Duncan: The Inspiration for Into the West documentary, the DFK6498 and Strike Zone short films and finally the usual DVD-ROM content on all discs.

I know we all have seen what will be a part of the set, but it's so sweet to hear it again....sigh..

And as for the Top Gun SE (From HTF):

The film itself will be presented in 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen along with English 6.1 DTS Surround, Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and Dolby 2.0 Surround tracks.

Extras will include an audio commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Tony Scott, screenwriter Jack Epps, Captain Mike Galpin, retired Admiral Pete Pettigrew and Vice Admiral Mike McCabe,
six documentaries on the making of the film and its cultural impact, from pre-production through its theatrical release and four music videos that defined their era:
Kenny Loggins’ “Danger Zone,”
Berlin’s “Take My Breath Away,”
Loverboy’s “Heaven in Your Eyes” and
Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens’ “Top Gun Anthem”.

Completing the package will be a vintage Tom Cruise interview, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a survival Training featurette, multi-angle storyboards with an optional commentary by director Tony Scott and seven original TV spots.

Last edited by kbjorn; 09-26-04 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-26-04, 09:52 AM

there's a music video for the top gun anthem?
Old 09-26-04, 10:24 AM

Someone is a little late. REPOST
Old 09-26-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally posted by Snowlarbear
there's a music video for the top gun anthem?
Yup. It's kind of reminiscent of Slaughter's "Fly to the angels". Remember that one?
Old 09-26-04, 06:24 PM

Ouch that days going to hurt my wallet.
Old 09-26-04, 06:27 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lots to buy on that day.
Old 09-27-04, 01:04 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Freakin' expensive holiday shopping.
Old 09-27-04, 04:06 AM

Originally posted by mikeporter
Someone is a little late. REPOST
Actually, this post is about both Top Gun AND ROTK, am I late on stating that it's a great (i.e. expensive) day for us?
Old 09-27-04, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kbjorn
Actually, this post is about both Top Gun AND ROTK, am I late on stating that it's a great (i.e. expensive) day for us?
Yes.
Old 09-27-04, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would agree.
Old 09-27-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Most definitely.