DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Edits to "Norma Jean & Marilyn"?

Old 09-14-04, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Edits to "Norma Jean & Marilyn"?

I see two running times list at IMDB.com for the R-rated version of the Ashley Judd HBO movie "Norma Jean & Marilyn". The new DVD seems to be the shorter of the two (133 minutes). Anybody know of any links describing what may have been cut?
Old 09-14-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It may not be anything.

There are several things that can effect running times, and oftentimes they are wrong in television listings and on the specs of the home videos, including DVDs.

I seem to recall some confusion over the running times of "Kids" and "Wicker Man."

Longer/shorter running times could be taken from rounded-off cable listings, PAL-speed sources, VHS tapes with extra space at the beginning.
Old 09-15-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I picked it up at the Studio Store on the Warner Lot at lunch today. Even if it's cut, it still only cost 3 bucks and change. Can't believe a new release of a catalog title could be so cheap. I almost bought an R2 copy of this title (severely edited) for about 4 or 5 times as much.
Old 09-19-04, 05:22 PM

The running time of my VHS recording from an HBO broadcast about a year ago is approx. 132 minutes and 16 seconds. The DVD movie runs approx. 132 minutes and 19 seconds. Both start with the same water drops logo, "HBO Pictures" and seem to end with the same final credits. I don't know but close enough for me to assume(uh-oh ) that they have the same movie scenes.