DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Brak Show or Havery Birdman on DVD?

Old 09-13-04, 02:47 PM

The Brak Show or Havery Birdman on DVD?

I know Space Ghost, ATHF, and Sea Lab is on DVD but has anyone hear anything about releasing "The Brak Show" or "Havery Birdman" on DVD? Those two I would probally pick up.
Old 09-13-04, 03:07 PM

I do remember seeing the little Dvd release date card on AS months before and i wrote it all down at home (thank you replaytv....) and i know that someone posted it here too.

Harvey Birdman Volume 1 i think is comming out before Xmas...
Old 09-13-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure both are Q1 2005.
Old 09-13-04, 03:23 PM

From TVShowsOnDVD.com

Site News - 'MORE-MASSIVE-THAN-LAST TIME' [adult swim] Update!
Posted by David Lambert
8/15/2004

A couple of months ago we brought you this word about the upcoming schedule of DVDs from the Adult Swim programming block at Cartoon Network.

At the time, we raised questions resulting from confusion that "Winter '04" releases consisted of "Brak V1" and "Sealab V2", and that Space Ghost Coast To Coast - Volume 2 was seemingly dropped from the list.

Now we know better, thanks to the announcement this past week of Space Ghost Coast To Coast - Volume 2 on November 16th (sporting some really appalling cover art, if you ask me!). We also learned at the same time that Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume 3 would be out on the same day, making it an Adult Swim pair of DVD releases, as usual.

But to understand the "Winter '04" timeframe for Brak V1/Sealab V2, you have to head on over to this panel discussion moderated by Keith Crofford, Vice President of Adult Swim, who was talking to other people involved in Adult Swim for the benefit of the folks visiting the recent San Diego Comic-Con. In this "chat", conducted on July 27th (the day of the last round of Adult Swim DVD releases), Crofford lets us know:

I want to run down a laundry list thing for the DVD folks...As you know, we have the Aqua Teen DVD out now, released this week. Volume 2. We have Sealab Volume 1.

Coming in November, we have Space Ghost Volume 2, Aqua Teens Volume 3.
In February we have the Brack [sic] Show Volume 1; also we have Sealab Volume 2.
Then in April of next year, we have Space Ghost Volume 3. Birdman Volume 1.

This info syncs up nicely with the report we made two months ago, but stops short of naming the last pair of quarters we had included. Yet it nicely fills in the gaps about what "Winter '04" means: they are talking about the February 2005 timeframe, which refers to the end of the Winter season that began at the end of '04. Confusing, but not when you can see what they mean.

To really make it all worthwhile, though, Cartoon Network has leaked more info about what's coming down the pike. If what we're told pans out (and it might not, we'll warn you, so count this as a "rumor" for now), it sounds like we can look forward to the Brak release actually being an "Ultimate Collection", sporting every episode of the show. Also, in the Spring 2005 timeframe, we'll probably see Samurai Jack - Season 2 and episodes of Ed, Edd N Eddy. Then, toward the end of Summer, look for Kids Next Door - Mission Files 2, Puffy Ami Yumi (in time for the following season to start), and a 2005 edition of Cartoon Network Halloween. Those are in additon to Aqua Teen V4 and Sealab V3, mentioned previously. The Fall timeframe includes the previously-talked-about Space Ghost V4 and Venture Bros. V1, but also look for a new Chirstmas-themed Cartoon Network DVD, a season release of Mages, and Samurai Jack - Season 3. Awesome, eh?

Our thanks to helpers that we can't completely name, but we'll mention "Josh" and "Kenny" at least. Please remember that a lot of the forward-looking plans are subject to change, but right now this is what they've pencilled in on their calendars. It will be a great schedule, if they can stick to it! Stay tuned, and we'll bring you separate updates about each of these as information comes out.
Old 09-13-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A search for the word Birdman brought up multiple threads, including this one.
Old 09-13-04, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You know what is more annoying than people not doing a search before they make a thread is people who make comments like this ...
Originally posted by Mr. Salty
A search for the word Birdman brought up multiple threads, including this one.
Old 09-13-04, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RagingBull80
You know what is more annoying than people not doing a search before they make a thread is people who make comments like this ...
I'm sorry I annoyed you by trying to point the original poster in the direction of several helpful threads, without having to copy and paste all 14 URLs myself.

Oh, wait. No I'm not.

Last edited by Mr. Salty; 09-14-04 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-14-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RagingBull80

What's annoying about it? He pointed everyone to a thread that had the exact information that the original poster was looking for. He didn't do it in a snotty way, and actually went out of his way to help out the original poster.

I was going to do the same thing, because I was one of the posters that brought up the TVShowsOnDVD announcement on the linked thread.
Old 09-15-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like Home Movies Season 1 will be released in that November batch as well...
Old 09-15-04, 02:09 AM

Originally posted by ToddSm66
Looks like Home Movies Season 1 will be released in that November batch as well...
Sweet!! Now when in the world will Dexter's Lab be released, if ever??