Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Early DVDs in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-04, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a problem I love helping people out. However, if you could please not share the name of the store, I would appreciate it. I don't want everyone and their mama going over and destroying my realtionship with Mr. Hung(no joke fellas, that's the owner's name).
Old 09-15-04, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by Dalvin
Not a problem I love helping people out. However, if you could please not share the name of the store, I would appreciate it. I don't want everyone and their mama going over and destroying my realtionship with Mr. Hung(no joke fellas, that's the owner's name).
Not a problem. I will keep to your secrecy, since it was your help that got me these DVDs. I would not want to betray trust.

Thank you again.
Old 09-15-04, 03:12 PM
Banned

anyone know of any places in the Torrance/Redondo Beach/ Palos Verdes area?
Old 09-15-04, 03:22 PM
Banned

If you could just let me know how much you got for the Star Wars Trilogy for, I'd like to know how much money to bring with me when I go up there today(my uncle went to the hospital which is why I never made it down there yesterday). Also, what else did you get at "the store" while you were there?
Old 09-15-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you could just let me know how much you got for the Star Wars Trilogy for, I'd like to know how much money to bring with me when I go up there today(my uncle went to the hospital which is why I never made it down there yesterday). Also, what else did you get at "the store" while you were there?
omg, so what was the point of this thread yesterday if you didn't even buy anything yesterday? Money to bring today? I thought you were broke till next week?
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=385512
Oh Dalvin, what zanny adventures will you post next.

Originally posted by Dalvin I think I overspend and "went off" a little too much...on one day's shopping
What did I buy?
1) Star Wars Trilogy(no, I'm not telling you where I got it
1 week early)

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 09-15-04 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-15-04, 03:45 PM
Suspended

Let it go Jack. Good god. Your stalking him for crying out loud!
Old 09-15-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jack <3 Dalvin
Old 09-15-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by joltaddict
Jack <3 Dalvin

any man who can juggle around Portman as a girlfriend, have a wife, be a medical student, and care so much for the poor african childern deserves to have a round of beers bought for him..

Though if his brother shows up, he aint getting shit cause I hate his brother. damn guy post nothing but crude things like requesting people to gang bang his girlfriend. Pure evil I says.
Old 09-15-04, 04:33 PM

That was the only thing I got. It was a touch under $54.
Old 09-15-04, 04:39 PM
Banned

I'm 99% sure we are on the same page, however it is a long drive to get out there, so I want to make sure!!! Please post the initals of the store. Again, I am 99% sure, but I just want to be COMPLETLEY SURE before I go and drive an hour to pick it up. Thanks! Also, did they have a big display with plenty of them right up front, or were they behind the counter? Did you see pletny of Widscreen copies while you were there?
Old 09-15-04, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This thread makes Baby Jesus cry.
Old 09-15-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts
There's an independent dvd store in Costa Mesa/Santa Ana, just north of South Coast Plaza that usually has early titles (at a discount to boot). They get them in on the Wednesday or Thursday before release day - it's sort of random as to what they have - but they usually have the big titles (though they've already sold out of their Star Wars shipment).
Old 09-15-04, 04:53 PM
Banned

Exataly, which is why I want to be sure they're were plenty of copies available before I make the drive. I'm prety much off tomorrow(sub-teaching) so I want to be sure from the gentleman saw plenty of copies available.
Old 09-15-04, 06:10 PM

Exataly, which is why I want to be sure they're were plenty of copies available before I make the drive. I'm prety much off tomorrow(sub-teaching) so I want to be sure from the gentleman saw plenty of copies available.
They had the copies behind the counter. There were about 10 WS and 2 P&S copies that I saw. They may have had more in the back or a display. Once I saw them, that was pretty much it for me. I didn't go further.

We can take it off the board if you want to verify the store with me. Just email me the name and I'll let you know.
Old 09-15-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It was a touch under $54.
Sweet Jesus. Considering how much you can get it online and I'm sure the loss leader price it will carry, I'm not sure why it isn't worth it to wait the 6 days to wait. Hell, I paid way less then that and my source had the simple name of FOX.

Still I find it funny that dalvin starts a thread yesterday on stuff he didn't buy. Pure comedy.
Old 09-16-04, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Sweet Jesus. Considering how much you can get it online and I'm sure the loss leader price it will carry, I'm not sure why it isn't worth it to wait the 6 days to wait. Hell, I paid way less then that and my source had the simple name of FOX.

Still I find it funny that dalvin starts a thread yesterday on stuff he didn't buy. Pure comedy.
If you have the money, what's the point of waiting? I admit I'm not rich by any means, but spending an extra $10-$15 on something that I love is not a big deal.
Old 09-16-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well I simply say that because it's not really a huge advance time frame to get it at a cost. Try to factor it that each day you'll be saving like 3 bucks. Add in the amount of films you have in hand that you may not have seen or the amount of work you have the time goes by fast and getting a good price is what the forum has a backbone on. Just my personal taste to wait for a cheaper price, especially if it's only a few days wait compared to getting it a month in advance early.

If you have the money or not, It's still nice to have that peace of mind that you got it for the cheapest price possible. But if your happy, then I'm glad. Just not worth it for me if it was that much more. personal taste I suppose.
Old 09-16-04, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Well I simply say that because it's not really a huge advance time frame to get it at a cost. Try to factor it that each day you'll be saving like 3 bucks. Add in the amount of films you have in hand that you may not have seen or the amount of work you have the time goes by fast and getting a good price is what the forum has a backbone on. Just my personal taste to wait for a cheaper price, especially if it's only a few days wait compared to getting it a month in advance early.

If you have the money or not, It's still nice to have that peace of mind that you got it for the cheapest price possible. But if your happy, then I'm glad. Just not worth it for me if it was that much more. personal taste I suppose.
Yeah. Some things I can hang back and wait for, but Star Wars is sure not one of them.
Old 09-16-04, 08:30 PM
Not waiting to be banned anymore

Umm... You can get pirate DVDs of flicks still in theatres on Hollywood blvd.
Old 09-17-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hollywood blvd. More like downtown at any street cornor.